Should i get it?

I dun know should i get this program. This problem is so annoying :(:eyepop_s:
Have been planning my flights using FMC on 777

Maybe a share of your thoughts and frustration here will be appreciated

Thanks for those who commented here and it will greatly help with my decision

Not sure what problem you are finding annoying but in my opinion PFPX with Topcat is a great piece of software adding to the realism of my flightsim experience.

The best way to know if PFPX is something you want is to download the manual, read through it and slso check the PFPX videos.

Roy

I recommend it. PFPX works well, and it's unrealistic to plan fuel using the FMS. The only other program similar to PFPX is FSBuild, and FBuild is awful.

I currently use Flight Sim Commander. I appreciate that PFPX is a professional flight planner, but what would it do for me that FSC wouldn't? FSC may not be perfect but it's quick and easy to make a flight plan, can the same be said for PFPX?

Hi,

I own both programs (FSC and PFPX) and they both have their good sides. PFPX is by far superior when it comes to flightplanning... in every aspect. FSC on the other hand is nice for Flight Following on the map etc.... even better then the PFPX flight following feature because I see my plane and onlinetraffic at the same time, in PFPX you see one or the other.... but that basically is an "extra" to PFPX... and by no means the main part of this excellent flight planning program! FSC also has the nice feature to export the flightplan to google earth and show your route there.....

Compiling a Flight Plan in PFPX is also very easy - but it offers a LOT more choices on how to build your Flightplan.... but if you want to only have basic flightplans........ its as easy as FSC!

So with all respect to the developers, I think you can not compare the two in many ways.... PFPX is a superior flightplanner! FSC is good for Flight Following, approach planning, airport layouts and so on... finding your parking etc. There is a reason you can actually export your PFPX OFP to FSC for Flightfollowing......

as I sayed... you can not compare these two.... If you want to follow the correct (RW) procedures..... you need PFPX and a Aerosoft/Navigraph subscribtion for charts........

If you are fine with an AIO Program, and are not soo focused on RW procedures, and just want a quick Flightplan, and then go ahead and Fly.... FSC is your coice... (don't rely on FSC's fuel numbers by the way...)

regards

Richard

Archived