PMDG 737-800 NGX wrong weights per sim and manual

The empty weights, MZFW, MTOW and MLDW for the PMDG 737-800 NGX(and probably the other NGXs as well) are incorrect, not matching the NGX's in sim behavior, or the NGX manual. Instead, the default TOPCAT weights are used.

The empty weight should be 91300, as the aircraft in sim shows, the MZFW should 136000, the MTOW should be 155,500, and the MLDW should be 144,400, all per the NGX manual.

Also, the NGX -800 max pax is 174, not 189 as in PFPX.

Thanks for your attention.

Here is a summary of what I have found out about the weights and limits of the PMDG NGX line.

I use these values and they seem to be very accurate. I got them out of:

- Experimenting in FSX

- aircraft.cfg

- Boing manuals

But not out of the PMDG manual, because these values are also not the most accurate ones. The best way is to fire FSX up and test it yourself,... what I did.

You can find the summary in the attached file. Have fun.

Best regards,

Chris

PMDG_Weight_Data.txt

Thanks for the info/

PFPX does have an inaccurate DOW and PAX count, as well as other errors compared to your chart as well. This does need to be fixed.

Remember that these are only templates. Pax count is airline specific since not every carrier has the same cabin layout.

Should a user wish they can amend the weights and cabin capacity to their heart's content.

Norman,

The template says "737-800 NGX". NGX implies it is designed for the NGX.

This is a cut and dry mistake in the template, that should easily be fixed in the next release.

Norman,

The template says "737-800 NGX". NGX implies it is designed for the NGX.

This is a cut and dry mistake in the template, that should easily be fixed in the next release.

@DLRK: If you have installed a custom livery your template will be incorrect either way. Surely PFPX cannot model every configuration you can find. Given the fact they made it possible for the user to adjust the values as to the specifications of the specific airline you fly for yourself I don't see a problem :)

Best regards,

Mikkel

A custom livery WILL NOT change the amount of PAX the NGX will hold, nor will it change the empty weight. Perhaps the other valuables may be more flexible, but the NGX -800s empty weight 91300 pounds and it can't be changed. A higher weight will cause incorrect calculations.

Thanks for the info/

PFPX does have an inaccurate DOW and PAX count, as well as other errors compared to your chart as well. This does need to be fixed.

Remember, that these weights may also dependent on what kind of NGX Aircraft Setup you have chosen (See FMC Option menu) - I do not know this exactly.

But nevertheless, creating a custom aircraft within PFPX, which maches "your" NGX configuration, is just a matter of seconds.

I just did a bit of a tutorial for the NGX for both TopCat and PFPX, here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/417842-topcat-pfpx-737ngx-weights-how-to/

Make sure you read the whole thread first, it has config files and a MLW corrections further down in the thread. This was all based on actual NGX FMC values and specifically designed for the PMDG implementation.

Archived