777200LR - YSSY to KLAX ETOPS 207 Not possible?

My auto route is:-

WOL9 WOL DCT MARLN DCT 30S160E 24S170E 20S175E 15S179W DCT GOBIN B581 WOOBY DCT 00N163W 08N155W 17N145W 25N135W 30N127W DCT ELKEY SADDE6

The ETOPS adequate airports are:-

YSSY YCFS YBNA YSNF NWWW NVVV NFFN NLWW NSFA PLCH KSMX

There is no overlap between PLCH and KSMX for 207min ETOPS, does this mean its not possible with a 777-200LR (ie ETOPS-207) and I would need ETOPS-240?

I guess I need to look at the manual again to see what is meant by adequate. But what if you ran two pairs of ETP alternates? Like NWWW, NLWW... Then PHNL,KLAX.

Is that normal, acceptable in RW? I'm still learning ETOPS myself.

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep. The problem is that pfpx doesn't automatically add PHNL to the adequate airport list. Don't know why, but I'd you add manually, all is fine, even at ETOPS 180.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks, but only YSSY YCFS YBNA YSNF NWWW NVVV NFFN NLWW NSFA PLCH KSMX are listed as adequate... I did try putting in PHNL are I got overlap and hence ETOPS 207 is then ok, but why is PHNL not Adequate? A bug maybe?
Also it would be nice if there was a button to populate the ETP airports automatically.

You could try ETOPS 240...it is available to So Pac for certain airlines.

Kind regards,

Dave Lamb

Ok, just that the 777-200LR in PFPX doesn't support ETOPS240... but I guess I'll just add in the aircraft config. Thanks.

No US carriers have ETOPS240. At my large cargo carrier that flies the 777F, we can conduct 207 in the North Pacific ONLY - never in the South Pacific under FAR 121 Subpart P, and only when 180 is not possible; I cant go 207 on any given flight just because I wanna. 240 is not 207 on steroids, but it is a much more restrictive operation requiring additional crash fire rescue capabilities at certain airports along the route of flight on day of dispatch, much more time limited systems capabilities, and additional work in the Airplane Flight Manual; we dont have 240 . Going to the South Pacific from the left coast, you never need more than 180.

The way I teach ETOPS at my carrier is the enroute adequate airports define the ETOPS AOA (area of ops), but those airports may or may not be usable to protect an ETOPS AOA. From my image, you can see that I selected KSFO PHNL and PHNL-NSFA as my ETOPS Airport Pairs. South of Norfolk island towards Oz, I dont need to add an additional pair as once I exit the ETOPS AOA, I am within 60 minute adequate circles all the way to SYD. Also notice that once I am due south of Hawaii, I am for the most part in and out of ETOPS fairly quickly. The airports used to cover the ETOPS AOA (ETP Airports) must be authorized by the FAA and listed in your OpSpecs (B342 or C070).

You use ETPS with an Airport pair when you have a large area that needs to be covered for ETOPS - like the US West Coast to Hawaii. You use unbalanced ETOPS, a CRP, when you have a small area where one airport will adequately cover it. In cases of the unbalanced ETOPS, the critical fuel scenario is protected from the furthest point (ETOPS Entry or Exit) to the Chosen ETOPS Enroute Alternate airport.

post-92299-0-10577500-1378285721_thumb.j

Archived