PFPX aircraft profiles for PMDG NGX -600 and -700

Hello everyone,

The included PFPX aircraft profiles for the 737NGX are a little unclear to me.

Templates for the PMDG 737-600 and PMDG 737-700 NGX are not listed at all, while there are templates for the 737-800, 737-800ERW and 737-900ERW. Assuming that "ER" in the abbreviation refers to an "Extended Range" model, this means we're missing:

737-700W

737-800W (no ER)

737-900

737-900W (no ER)

I know we can create a 737-600 and 737-700 (no WL) in the aircraft editor, but since they do not come from a template, the profile is less detailed (it doesn't include bias information) than the aircraft created from the PMDG templates.

Can anyone advise the best way to get the most detailed aircraft profiles for the above listed types?

Mark Jansen

Anyone?

I also found out that the optimum FL for the (PMDG) 737-700 does not correspond with the paperwork. For example PFPX calculates an initial optimum level of FL 350, while the FMC calculates FL 367 while still on the ground. I'm sure that my ZFW and fuel settings have been entered correcly and correspond with the papers. This confirms my statement that the aircraft profiles for the 737-600 and 737-700 have not been optimized, at least not for PMDG.

Mark

Allright, so I amended the weights (slightly) per the information in the post ChrisM is referring to above.

Still, the optimum altitude that PFPX calculates on the OFP is not the same as the FMC. The performance model regarding the optimum altitude, at least for the 737-700 just doesn't seem to be right, it's always calculated lower than the FMC. For example the OFP mentiones FL 350 while the FMC gives an optimum level of FL 367 on the ground before departure (so rounded up to FL 370). And I'm assuming the FMC is right, isn't it? It's not just on 1 flight, it happens all the time. Also step climbs in-flight are calculated too late compared to what the FMC says. In other words: the actual aircraft performance is better than PFPX currently calculates.

I suggest the developers look into it. Thanks!

Mark

Allright, so I amended the weights (slightly) per the information in the post ChrisM is referring to above.

Still, the optimum altitude that PFPX calculates on the OFP is not the same as the FMC. The performance model regarding the optimum altitude, at least for the 737-700 just doesn't seem to be right, it's always calculated lower than the FMC. For example the OFP mentiones FL 350 while the FMC gives an optimum level of FL 367 on the ground before departure (so rounded up to FL 370). And I'm assuming the FMC is right, isn't it? It's not just on 1 flight, it happens all the time. Also step climbs in-flight are calculated too late compared to what the FMC says. In other words: the actual aircraft performance is better than PFPX currently calculates.

I suggest the developers look into it. Thanks!

Mark

PFPX step climbs are calculated based on the optimum and maximum levels given in the performance files.

In you example, with an optimum level of FL367, what was the maximum altitude? PFPX wil never go above max alt, so rounding up may be incorrect.

If you feel step climb are too late or to early compared to your FMC, the caclulations can easily be adjusted:

• Go to the Aircraft Editor
  • And change the 'Altitude adjust' field.

Positive values will result in earlier step climbs, negative values in later step climbs

Archived