Exporting route to PDMG 737 NGX

I have a simple KSFO - KLAX route built in PFPX referencing PDMG B739 that shows proper NAVAIDS, intersections, etc. I select Route/Export from PFPX top menu and the file (KSFOKLAX01) is created properly in my FSX/PDMG directory and I can see it listed in the FMC when I click on CO ROUTE. However, after it loads into the FMC nothing appears in the RTE/LEGS displays other than ORIGIN and DEST.. Searching help and this forum brings up no mention of others having similar issues. I recall reading something (though I can't locate it now) that PDMG disabled FP importing in its NGX SP1c update but no one else seems to reporting difficulty in bringing FPs from PFPX into PMDG 737NGX so thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has an idea of what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks.

Hi

Works perfect for me for the NGX but seems the same problem as you for the 747 :glare_s:

Try to understand why the both export format are in ***.rte (this format works for NGX only, thge 747 format is ***.rt2 :confused_s: )

good luck and maybe someone will answer us

TK

FSX crashes to the desktop for me. Tried twice. After choosing the CO route and activating it I hit the dep/arr button and FSX crashes. Then I tried with FSBuild. Same route works perfectly.

Something is wrong with the .rte file created by PFPX and PMDG 737NGX doesn't detect the problem.

kees

Same problem for me. With the PMDG 747, after the flight plan is loaded into the FMC, nothing appears in the RTE displays other than ORIGIN and DEST. However, the LEG menu displays the flight plan.

Just a thought - it could possibly be caused if you have SID/STAR in the flight plan. Certainly the NGX does not like those in an imported plan.

Just a thought - it could possibly be caused if you have SID/STAR in the flight plan. Certainly the NGX does not like those in an imported plan.

Thx for this this fixed it for me was driving me nuts lol

Having similar problems to. For example a route LGAV - LGMK (yes, I like short routes :) the PFPX flightplan is computed correctly.

When I open the exported NGX file format flightplan with notepad however, only ORIGIN and DEST are displayed.

There may be another way but it is a programming thing - when using FSC and exporting a route to FSX and PMDG the 'save as' screen comes up with a warning re SID/STAR when saving that NGX user must click 'No' that strips the SID/STAR from the route to PMDG and leaves them in for FSX etc.

Apparently, solution is to not include SID/STAR in the Export file dedicated to PMDG but I don't know how to do it...

In you route page when your there click on the edit tab on top and than you can deselect the sids and stars and rwys etc than save and you all good to go again

Archived