Updating routes

Is there a quick way of updating the routes supplied?

After I updated my navdata to NG1309 I had over 500 routes failed the check. Some of these were just for a waypoint changing its name, in others because they had been deleted altogether. One waypoint name change affected 93 plans and its a lot of work changing 93 plans all with the same details.

Can this be made more easier to deal with please. For example a menu system to correct all entries, in all plans, of the same waypoint in a single entry.

Also I see that a route can be updated by reprocessing the ATC string. Can this be made as a automatic item for flightplans that failed the navdata update? I would suggest caution with this in that it should not change the plan if the ATC string is altered. I tried it with one plan which routed along UL9 in the UK. The original waypoint was BASET which had changed its name. The new plan routed UL18 GAVGO UL9 KONAN but going via the ATC string I got UL18 DIKAS DCT BASET DCT KENET. The BASET it took was in California and added several thousand miles to my plan!

Rgds Ron

Archived