Keep Getting 'Encountered an Improper Argument' message

Hi

I have put PFPX on a laptop, not my FSX computer, the laptop runs Windows 7 x64.

I have had this problem thru v1.0, 1.03 and 1.04, nearly every time I click one of the edit windows I get the error message 'Encountered an improper argument'. If I click on OK the mouse cursor turns into a blue rotating circle, terminating what ever I was trying to do.

One way I can reproduce this every time is by creating a normal route using the PMDG 737-800WL, then from the Schedule tab double click the route in the list. This takes me to the FLIGHT tab and if I select the 'Route' option from the Ribbon Bar then 'Edit' it ALWAYS brings up this error message together with the never ending rotating cursor.

I have completely removed version 1.0 and downloaded and installed version 1.04 (Full), updated with Navigraph 1309 and still get this annoying problem every time.

One last thing - if I select the Airport Properties icon from the top menu options, this page is blank, not like the picture in the manual and there is no where to input the ICAO identifier ?

Glen

Maybe why nobody else has commented on this problem, but I have just loaded PFPX onto my FSX computer and also updated with Navigraph 1309 and it runs like a dream with no errors, also the Airport Properties window is properly populated i.e. not blank.

Is there any backup program that's required to run PFPX that may not be loaded on my laptop ?

Glen

I have the exact same problem, GAJ52.

Run's fine on FSX machine but keep getting the 'improper argument' message on my laptop.

PFPX should, IIRC, run fine on a networked PC.

Martin.

Hi Martin

Out of interest, see my comment above about the 'Airport Properties' Window. Does this window have boxes on the page to enter airfield data, just wondering if we have the exact same problem, may help Dev's find an answer. Also I can't print the load sheet, my printer just doesn't work from PFPX on my laptop although I can print from other programs like MS Word and Excel etc. prints fine from my desktop computer ???

It appears its only you and me that have this problem, are you the one who asked about this on the other PFPX/Topcat forum ?

Glen

Glen.

I'm sure I have the same problem. The airport properties window is blank just like yours.

I've never tried printing a load sheet/flight plan. My printer is attached to my FSX pc and although shared I don't think it works lol.

No, I haven't asked about this before.

Martin.

Devs. Any ideas on this problem??? I can't believe we are the only 2 having it.

I'm getting this error aswell.

Every time I click on route edit in the drop down menu and when I click on the search in the drop down menu for alternates.

In the route edit PFPX just hangs and locks up.

Is there any solution to this?

I'm using PFPX on a laptop.

Kind regards

Jorik

On my laptop (XP), I have similar problems.

If I type the airport ICAO codes directly to the airport fields, PFPX will crash 90% of the time. If I use the dedicated Find... commands, then PFPX will crash on 20% of the time.

No reactions from the devs or aerosoft?

I did some more tests today but still no solution.
The things I tried:
-First I did a full uninstall and re-downloaded the full v1.4 and installed that one without updating the NavData. => Still the same problem.
-Then v1.5 came out, so I did again a full uninstall and then installed version 1.5 but still the same problem.

The strange thing is that PFPX is running perfectly on my FSX PC. This has the same OS (Windows7 Ulti) as my Laptop.

A small list of where this problem pops-up:

-When PFPX opens up when clicking on Add Flight the error pops-up but the program doesn't lock up.

-When building a Flight, when choosing Edit in the Route dropdown menu. The error comes up 3 times, then the Route building window comes open but you can't press anything, the program locks up.

Then I can't open the CFMU validation, the window just doesn't open.

I tried to update the Microsoft C++ with the exe files included in the PFPX installation.

PFPXerror.JPG

I hope somebody has a solution to this problem.

Kind regards

Jorik

Most probably related to graphics driver issue. Can you send me a personal mail to support@flightsimsoft.com?

You could be right Christian, I have just updated my graphics card driver on my laptop and now all seems to working normally without the error message, even the Airport Properties window is now populated.

Thanks

Glen

Most probably related to graphics driver issue. Can you send me a personal mail to support@flightsimsoft.com?

You could be right Christian, I have just updated my graphics card driver on my laptop and now all seems to working normally without the error message, even the Airport Properties window is now populated.

Thanks

Glen

Just tried updating my Intel Chipset driver on my laptop but still the same problem :mecry_s:

Christian I've send an email to the support address.

Kind regards

Jorik

Hi Jorik

Have you tried updating the GRAPHIC driver, not the Chipset driver they are different.

On my Dell Laptop the graphic card is Intel HD Graphic now with driver version 8.15.10.2104, that fixed it for me. Your graphic card may obviously be different but Christian was spot on with his suspicions.

If you are not sure which graphic card you have installed, download a utility called GPU-Z and run it, or look in your Device Manager under Display adaptors.

Glen

No reactions from the devs or aerosoft?

I did some more tests today but still no solution.

The things I tried:

-First I did a full uninstall and re-downloaded the full v1.4 and installed that one without updating the NavData. => Still the same problem.

-Then v1.5 came out, so I did again a full uninstall and then installed version 1.5 but still the same problem.

The strange thing is that PFPX is running perfectly on my FSX PC. This has the same OS (Windows7 Ulti) as my Laptop.

A small list of where this problem pops-up:

-When PFPX opens up when clicking on Add Flight the error pops-up but the program doesn't lock up.

-When building a Flight, when choosing Edit in the Route dropdown menu. The error comes up 3 times, then the Route building window comes open but you can't press anything, the program locks up.

Then I can't open the CFMU validation, the window just doesn't open.

I tried to update the Microsoft C++ with the exe files included in the PFPX installation.

PFPXerror.JPG

I hope somebody has a solution to this problem.

Kind regards

Jorik

This is also happening to me. There is one problem however when updating to latest graphics drivers. My pc hates them - in particular,X-Plane 10 hates them (which I also run).

Is there perhaps another solution here?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there guys,

Sorry for my late reaction on the support, I was away for work.
I tried v1.06 but that didn't solve the problem.
Now I just downloaded v1.07 and it looks like its fixed now.
I'm so happy it finally works.

Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

I have been using PFPX for about 3 weeks and today for the first time I have had "Encountered an Improper argument" window. The only change I have made is to install Navigraph cycle 1313. I also have at the bottom of the screen "Updating FIR data<Esc> to abort..

I have build 1.12 installed.

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

Nixon

Archived