Suggestion: Auto Route Finding and Validation

Hi,

First of all, to the developers this piece of software is Excellent, my hat of to you!

It must have been head breaking to code this, a job well done!

I have a small suggestion, well might not be so small.

Also not sure if it can be done.

I want to point you in the direction of a commercial product.

http://www.rocketroute.com/

This product has the option to find the route for you but then also validate it, and it continues to find a route and validate them till it gets a route that Validates.

Trying to correct the errors that Validation process rejects can be very time consuming and extremely frustrating.

I don't know if you can apply such an algorithm to your product or already planning to do so.

If PFPX can Auto Route Find and Validate and give you an end result of a Validated route--------- well it will be the cherry and icing on the already awesome cake.

Just a suggestion.

Kind Regards

Jannie

I think validation is a 'fun' part of the process

Absolutely true! I only use eurofpl if I get badly stuck in creating a route (like yesterday on a flight from Gardiff to Iceland).

funny enough i took a route from eurofpl yesterday, ran it through their validation system, it spat out 1 error, something about a non existent waypoint on an airway, then i took that same route ran it through pfpx validation, and it spat out 7 errors.

Yes, the eurofpl interface isn't what you would call "user friendly" after using PFPX :)

The first results are from the database. They contain routes that have been valid on the day they were created. Possibly not anymore.

The last results (the generated ones) should be valid according to current AIRAC and validation rules. As I mentioned somewhere else before, the routes maybe valid, but a bit of tweaking with PFPX, can sometimes yield much better results.

Archived