Online Components

Hi,

Which parts of PFPX *REQUIRES* the software to be online?

I'm mostly interested in the aircraft performance and flight planning functionality (including ETOPS etc..). I see that you can define alternates, and have it compute ETP, and display the information on a map. Again, is an internet connection required for this functionality?

If I chose NOT to renew the server subscription, am I still able to manually define the NAT and Pacific tracks for example, for display in the software?

Without using the online METAR/TAF function, am I able to manually define a route average wind for calculations?

The reason I ask is because I'm concerned that, given the cost of the software, should anything happen to the server end of the product, it will become extremely limited or even non-functional. I'm rather against anything that resides online, and avoid it as much as possible. "Cloud computing" sends me into a rage. :glare_s:

Is it compatible with Aerosoft AIRAC data?

Which aircraft are supported "out the box", and which aircraft are planned for future support? Is it possible to add your own aircraft performance data? I'm interested in the iFly 737, the soon to be released PMDG 777 and Majestic Dash 8 Q400.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Robin.

The subscription is only needed to get weather, track information and NOTAMS from the PFPX server.

Without subscription, weather can also be imported from 3rd party applications as Active Sky or REX. Import for FSDRW or OPUS is planned. You can even fill in weather data by hand if you have no weather program.

Tracks can also be imported via .txt file and NOTAMs can be found via internet.

A list of supported aircraft is available here: http://www.flightsimsoft.com/downloads/PFPX_Aircraft_AddOn_List.pdf, but you can also create your own aircraft performance files.

PFPX is supported by both navigraph and Aerosoft Navdata pro

Frank,

> Tracks can also be imported via .txt file

Hmm, haven't been able to find that. have you tried it and if so, where in the program do you do that?

Andre

I just looked after it and i have to correct myself: At the Moment, tracks are imported as *.ots files.

But in a Forum I've read a post from the developer that this will be changed before the subscription expires to support plain text. I just can't find his post anymore...

As a workaround you can still manually enter the waypoints of the current tracks and save them as subroutes.

Frank,

> But in a Forum I've read a post from the developer that this will be changed before the subscription expires to support plain text. I just can't find his post anymore...

Ah, that's good to know, I was wondering about that.

Andre

Archived