Pax and bags weight settings issue and request

Hey,

I change the pax weight and baggage weight to try to reflect the one of my VA.

pax = 176 lb

bags = 55 lb

Whenever I quit PFPX and restart it, and re-open the weights config screen, it has changed automatically to 174 and 53 respectively. Is this a bug or expected behavior ? If the latter, why ?

Also, couldt it be possible in future versions to have the weights be specific by aircraft ? PMDG for instance uses 175 lb I think as pax weight for its NGX, but other 3rd party aircraft may be using other standards, I'm not sure. So having only one general standard throughout the application might be an issue if you frequently fly different types of aircraft.

Thanks for replying.

Mathieu

Think I figured out why this weight reset happens.

I think the internal calculations in PFPX are done in kg. 174 lb is 78.9 kg and 53 lb is 24.04 kg...

So I think on startup it does the calculations in kg (rounded), then converts to lb, with the above figures being the closest to what I'm setting in the weights manually, correct ?

Hi

All internal weights are kgs

This statement is not correct. It'sdependend on your individual settings wether this page shows KG or pounds. Anyway the default values represent EASA standard weights and I don't know why to deviate from these in sim. If I chenage these PFPX saves my changes without problems, but you should not mind 0,5kg deviation, because it is not effecting how the aircraft performs (in the eyes of a pilot, not of a physicist)

Allways three greens!!!

Hi

This statement is not correct. It'sdependend on your individual settings wether this page shows KG or pounds. Anyway the default values represent EASA standard weights

Actually yes it is. I've been beta testing PFPX for at least two years at a minimum. Also, being in the US, none of my aircraft are in Kgs, theyre all pounds-based aircraft.

Archived