A Routing Question

Here is my route, which passed validation first time!!

route1_zpse4ef4b8d.jpg

Distance increase is 16% and in red/orange. How would I make the route less than the Great Circle Distance; would you do that in the RW?

Also, say I wanted to increase more than 16%, again would you do that in the RW?

Just trying to learn and have an understanding of these things

Thanks Clive

Ps, wondering why this route validated first time, as yesterday I had to make changes?

Hi there,

route restrictions can vary on SAT and SUN

Have you tried this route BIBTI UZ29 NIK UL610 LAM UN57 WELIN T420 TNT ?
I think its shorter than yours above (even if its only some nm)

How would I make the route less than the Great Circle Distance

As great circle distance is the shortest possible distance between two points on the globe, I would say that it would be quite the challenge ;)

Why didn't PFPX give me that route?

From the top of my head:

1) You had wind optimized route generation on. Shortest isn't always the fastest/economical.

2) You had one of the airways in the "shorter route" excluded in the advanced find dialog (possibly forgotten there from the last route validation)

As great circle distance is the shortest possible distance between two points on the globe, I would say that it would be quite the challenge ;)

Right, that's resolved that one, then :coffee_s:

From the top of my head:

1) You had wind optimized route generation on. Shortest isn't always the fastest/economical.

2) You had one of the airways in the "shorter route" excluded in the advanced find dialog (possibly forgotten there from the last route validation)

Yep, noticed that the excludes do not 'clear' from the previous route

Will try again

Archived