Request. New type of airplanes. Read data from FSX

Hello!

I am just starting with this incredible piece of software and I find something that I think needs to be better.

when I create a new plane, I have to choose a type of plane from a list. For example if I want to create a P51 I cannot! or a cessna 172, because they are not in the list.

I could just choose a similar one (if exist) and then modify the weights to match my plane, but I woudn't have the engines.. so no correct fuel calculation etc etc....

Would be nice to be able to create your own airplanes from scratch and the engines also.

Also add the possibility to read the cfg files of our planes installed in FSX (fs9, P3D or xplane also), to fill the weights and add those planes to the database. It is nice to be "professional" but sometimes "we" don't fly PMDGs planes or airliners ones.

Continue the great work!

Thanks!

You can create your own aircraft profiles. I haven't tried it yet, so will have to let others fill you in on what's involved. I know you do need at least some basic performance data like fuel flows, cruise speed, weights, max altitude, etc. The big tubeliners with cost indices and such are much more complicated, but a simple set of data may get you ok for a C172.

I suspect within the next few months we will actually end up with a large amount of user files to cover the common add-on aircraft at least. Reading things from the aircraft.cfg file is reasonable, but not an end all. That will provide only weight information really. You also get some rudimentary (very rudimentary) fuel data, but nothing about climb performance, altitude efficiency, etc. Even more challenging is that many add-on aircraft do much of their work outside the .cfg file. The PMDG 737 NGX's for example don't change their DOW in the aircraft.cfg regardless of having or not having airstairs/extra batteries/etc optionally installed. So it's a start to think about reading the aircraft.cfg, but it's really a limited solution and I'm not sure will even provide enough to make it worth while in terms of accuracy.

yes.. I understand not all is in the aircraft.cfg, but at least is an start.

For example.. if right now I want to create a profile for a C172, I can't, because I have to choose a airplane from a list of planes already created (not in the template).. I understand a C172 is not maybe the desirable aircraft to prepare flightplans in PFPX... but The CONCORDE?

What I mean is give us the tools, and we will create the libraries for you.

That's what I'm trying to say though, the tools are already in the program. If you look in your (My Documents)\PFPX Data\Aircraft Templates (also \Aircraft or \Aircraft Types) folder, you will see a number of .txt files corresponding to each aircraft profile. To make a new aircraft type, you simple make a new .txt file and place it in this folder. There is a specific syntax to the way you enter data such as weight, speed, etc in to these .txt files that I have not delved in to here. But all you need to do is make a C172.txt (or Concorde.txt) file in this folder and begin populating with data in the correct syntax (like I said, haven't learned that myself, but others are working already on it).

With that said, as you will soon see, something like a Concorde is going to need a LOT of data, much of which will need performance tables from the official manufacturers.

Archived