Bugs: OK... Licence dead? No.

..after happily working with PFPX for half a day now also got hit by this utterly annoying "Your licence has expired" thing. Updating to 1.03 did not fix it.

For the record:

I have great understanding and a lot of patience for "teething problems" of programs with the complexity of PFPX.

Bugs we can live with, and I for one shall always be happy to help hunting them down.

But pleeease don't kill the whole application for me so that I can't even use the 99.5% anymore which are working perfectly fine.

It is in my view completely unacceptable that out of the blue (very probably due to the piracy paranoia so rampant nowadays) the program is rendered completely unusable for a fully "paid-up" customer, due to what currently seems to be a license checking issue.

Or is it? And if it is -- Why does it happen in the middle of a session? I can understand a check at start-up, but are such checks repeated later on?

In the same context: Is it possible to run PFPX completely offline at all?

I know the data server (weather, winds,etc.) is not necessarily required; but when not using that, do we still have to be online for the program to work at all (read: license server/checker)?

Once the problem is fixed, please also explain to us what exactly happened. Thanks.

Cheers,

Martin

Totally agree, i had this same problem a few minutes ago but it appears to be ok now, Think it may have been connected to the earlier server problems.

This problem has been caused by a server issue, but work was going on on it and it should be fixed now again.

Do not worry about your license, as long as you bought the product legally your license will still be valid.

Archived