OPT FL Always FL240 ?

Hi

I have just created two routes, EGKK - EGNT (280 miles) and EGKK -EGPH (350 miles) using upper airways.

The aircraft is the PMDG 737-800, so performance is not a problem. OPT is selected in the Aircraft - Cruise Altitude/FL box and as I said before the route is constructed with upper airways from the official UK Standard IFR Routes. I have selected 'No' in the Step Climb box so assume I would climb straight up to the Optimum Flight Level.

After the flight is computed, in both cases I only get FL240 as the Optimum FL when checked in the OFP tab after I have computed the flight. This is well below the Optimum flight level for both routes.

What am I doing wrong ?

Glen

Look down in OFP!

Behind "INIT ALT" is only INITIAL ALT!

But when you look into the flightplan, you may be see the cruiselevel.

I added this in OFP-Template:

FINAL CRZ ALT: <&FinalCruiseAlt:10>

But this Shows NOT!! the MAX CRZ ALT or the CRZ LVL (for FMC)

Solution is only to look through the OFP and search the Flightlevels behind the Navaids!!

I have selected 'No' in the Step Climb box so assume I would climb straight up to the Optimum Flight Level

Selecting no step climb forces PFPX to climb to the initial optimimum/allowed altitude (in your case 240) and then maintain this altitude until final descent.

Archived