PFPX to TopCat Data

I use the "PFPX" calculation. But either prior or after "compute flight" the "Takeoff weight" field is only filled with "maximum". So the reduced takoff data is always wrong. Of course it is not so good, to first calculate the flight and then switch back to get the "takeoff"-TopCat Button.

And yes, I did not read the manual yet.

You have to go through the entire flight planning process and release the flight. Once it's released, you are sent back to the schedule page and click on the send to button. Under there is TOPCAT and it will start up the TOPCAT program automatically with everything filled in. Make sure you have the same tail number set up in TOPCAT as you used in PFPX or it won't load.

I tried to remember all this off memory so I may have the exact words or buttons wrong but hopefully you get the general idea.

Thanks for the instructions on exporting the PFPX data into TOPCAT. I love the program, but I really wish the manual would explain this interaction between the two programs, as I have been wasting alot of time trying to figure out how to sync the two when it comes to payload data. I am sure many share my frustration!

The whole point of buying TOPCAT is to take advantage of a "seamless" intergration with PFPX, without a clear explanation of this important feature, what is the selling point for new users to TOPCAT. I have been a long time satisfied TOPCAT user but I'm very disappointed by the confusion that has been created by the lack of instruction.

Archived