Enter the cost index in the 'Cruise / Cost Index' fields on the Aircraft tab.

Note: Most Boeing types do have this already included, Airbuses to follow

I tried that, but I could not change this field. Its Long Range Cruise (LRC) or M.78, all my inputs got a "Ding" :)

So let's say I select M.85 in the 'Cruise / Cost Index' dropdown box and everything is planned as normal.

What Cost Index do I put when I go to load it into the FMC ? Am I missing something here ? lol

Using the B747

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

So let's say I select M.85 in the 'Cruise / Cost Index' dropdown box and everything is planned as normal.

What Cost Index do I put when I go to load it into the FMC ? Am I missing something here ? lol

Using the B747

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't matter what cost index you put in as you'll have to manually change all the speeds on the Climb, Enroute and Descent pages to match the speeds you planned with PFPX.

Using the B747

Thanks in advance.

When you want to plan with a cost index you don't put M.85 into PFPX: You put whatever CI you want to fly with into the box and use the same CI in the FMC:

There are a variety of CIs HERE (Avsim RU)

And probably up to 90% are not up to date. Many operators change their CIs due to weather, performance, flight,..... some even change it during the different phases of flight.

Archived