OALL Wind 000/000 How?

As the title suggests, what is the <&and> code to display overall wind direction on a Flight Plan in the Bearing/Speed format.

For example an overall wind of 109 knots from 270 degrees "270/109".

Your help is appreciated.

I'm requesting the average wind for the flight (in the BBB/SSS format) so that I can enter it into the CRZ WIND field of the CDU/FMC on the PERF INIT page.

So i'm guessing <&WindDir>/<&WindSpeed> is what I want... as long as this figure will be the average wind for the flight.

<&Wind> isn't working for me. I must be doing something wrong, or using a dated Template Guide.

Thanks.

B = numeric bearing value

S = numeric speed value

I have been looking for the same and am having similar results. I would like to have the average wind over the route with direction/speed. Neither <&Wind> or <&WindDir>/<&WindSpeed> are working for me. I also am finding that <&ISADev> is not working for me.

I'm requesting the average wind for the flight (in the BBB/SSS format) so that I can enter it into the CRZ WIND field of the CDU/FMC on the PERF INIT page.

So i'm guessing <&WindDir>/<&WindSpeed> is what I want... as long as this figure will be the average wind for the flight.

<&Wind> isn't working for me. I must be doing something wrong, or using a dated Template Guide.

Thanks.

B = numeric bearing value

S = numeric speed value

The Average Wind put in the FMC just automatically populates all the individual fixes along the route with that wind to show you more realistic values at your destination. However, if you put in the actual wind expected over each individual fix (RTE page, RTE data, instead of just using the average wind along the whole route, you can get the most accurate values for your flight. PFPX provides those wind values over each fix so the Average Wind along your route really isn't needed at all.

I'm aware that it is more accurate to put all the wind data for each waypoint in the legs page and normally do this. Most flight plans however have a section for average wind and I'd like to include this and would prefer it is this format. It appears that it is expected that this is possible and it appears something may not be working quite as planned (ISADev doesn't work either).

Archived