Confused with AS2012 & PFPX weather which one to use??

Hi,

Usually I run AS2012 when I'm doing my flights.

My question is do I still run AS2012 when i'm flying and just use PFPX for planning and then export it to AS2012

And just continue to use AS2012 as I used to?

Or Is the PFPX weather used for planning only as this is where I'm confused and don't know which one I should use for my flights ?

Sorry if this sounds a daft question if someone could clarify for me would be most appreciated?

Thanks

Jason

You can setup PFPX to take weather from AS2012. So you run AS2012, then PFPX and PFPX operates the same weather as your sim.

So does that mean I still have AS running during my flying and have PFPX running at the same time?

Sorry if I'm confused.

Thanks

Jason

You are right. PFPX is not a weather engine, so you still need to use AS or REX.

So with your flightplans you just export it to AS.

And keep PFPX open. I think I've got it but can try when I get chance to use it and try with a flightplan.

Many Thanks

Jason

You can setup PFPX to take weather from AS2012. So you run AS2012, then PFPX and PFPX operates the same weather as your sim.

If both are using current rw weather, they should be the same and why would it be necessary to take that step? If you have some non current theme, then I get it.

Cheers

Archived