Install Errors - 800700B7

So I purchased and downloaded this morning on my laptop with the intention of installing on my FSX utility machine later. I wanted to copy the manual to my ipad so I could read it at lunch time. I ran the install, as administrator, and the install completed successfully. I copied the manual and then uninstalled, using the uninstall option.

This afternoon, after reading that I can have up to 5 activations, I decided to reinstall on my laptop but I am now getting an error message - 800700B7 which I believe is "Cannot create a file when that file already exists". My question is, what file is it trying to create? I have carried out a system restore to the restore point created at install but the error persists.

When running the installer, is there a repair option?

No, I only get the language prompt, select United States and then it starts loading, gets about 80% complete and the error is issued.

I hade it on the first hours after it got out, just redownload PFPX.

if it dont help try this(from Flightsimsoft Christian Grill-Facebook page):

1) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
2) reboot your computer
3) log in with administrative rights
4) disable the anti-virus software temporary
5) install the product
6) enable the anti-virus software

Thanks Stas,

I had done all of those, or so I thought.......

My anti-virus (Zone Alarm) has an option to snooze it for 5 minutes which has worked for any other installation, however in this case it seems I had to go in and turn off all firewall and anti-virus features in the Zone Alarm control panel itself. Once that was done the installation proceeded. I had to do the same to activate as well

Hope this information helps someone else.

Archived