Topcat Integration?

Hi all,

I have the latest version of TOPCAT installed V2.72 I even re downloaded it and reinstalled it to make sure its the correct version, it's also fully licenced and works fine on its own. However in PFPX the takeoff calculation and landing calculation buttons are both greyed out and when mousing over them it tells me it requires a full version of TOPCAT.

Any ideas how this is supposed to work? I can't find any settings that tell PFPX where to look for TOPCAT or is PFPX supposed to find the path on it's own? If the latter is true I have checked the system registry and the path to TOPCAT is there. Both programs are installed on the same drive thats dedicated to nothing other than FSX and it's addon programs.

Everything else works fine. just the integration of the 2 products don't seem to work.

Many thanks in advance.

I have tried installing and reinstalling multiple times but PFPX is never able to find TOPCAT. I'm not sure the difference that were seeing and others are. Still waiting on input from support.

Sean

Oh this one is easy:

Go to the aircraft manager => aircraft database => and edit your aircraft.

There you will have an option to choose a TOPCAT Performance module for the aircraft (because topcat needs to know which performance data to use)

Save your aircraft (and to be 100% sure close PFPX)

After doing so and restarting PFPX you should be able to use the buttons.

Maybe this is helpful:

• First, check if you have selected the TOPCAT performance module for the selected aircraft (in the aircraft editor) pic 1
  • Now you´re able to calculate Take off and landing – press apply to use this values for further flight planning - pic 2
  • After compute the whole flight, you may see the TO/LD data at your ofp - pic 3
  • You´re able to send your values directly into TOPCAT (note: aircraft config and weights have to be the same in PFPX and TOPCAT)

hope it works...

Brgds,

Judith

post-90043-0-82088300-1377797661_thumb.g

post-90043-0-16035600-1377797679_thumb.g

post-90043-0-64247400-1377797688_thumb.g

Hi,

This works for me as described, however - why does it not import the actual planned weights rather then MTOW and MLW?

regards

Richard

Yes I have the same problem; it selects MAX. The only way of using it now is to release the flight and search for the TOW in the OFP.

Yes. This is exactly what I said before.

TopCat Module is set, Registration is the same.

Send to TopCat works fine.

"OnBoard PFPX" sets only Takeoff Weight to "MAX".

post-5551-0-41669000-1377892030_thumb.jp

Solution is like PH-BQG said:

° Compute Flightplan

° Search for TO-Weight in OFP

post-5551-0-21710500-1377892102_thumb.jp

° Go to "Takeoff-Module" and enter manually the TO-Weight.

post-5551-0-94869100-1377892202_thumb.jp

BUT!

If I click on "APPLY", the TO-Setting (TO / TO1 /TO2) it is in OFP.

But not the DERATE Temp.

post-5551-0-90824300-1377892291_thumb.jp

In Scratchpad it is correctly written.

post-5551-0-17904900-1377892334_thumb.jp

I am able to send my data to topcat ok and it computes take off data - all good. My problem is I am unable to get the take off data in my OFP and I also am unable to locate any pages in PFPX called PFPX take off performance as shown below topic

thanks in advance

Raknal

sorry but i want to follow up with a question. how do i then send the weights and fuel figures to topcat to be able to export to the airfracft.cfg so the aircrafts weight and fuel is atomatically updated?

thanks

swadeep

Hi Christian,

do I understand it correctly that the parameters described in the flight plan template guide are not all working yet?

Currently there are parameters for TO_V1, TO_V1Max etc. but I can't get them working - at least the TO_Thrust is working.

So looks like they are just not working yet or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Michael

Here the section of my OFP template:

<&No_TO_Data_Begin>V1 ________    VR ________    V2 ________    POWER _________   TO/RW __________<&No_TO_Data_End>
<&PerformanceSection_Begin><&TO_Data_Begin>V1 <&TO_V1>/<&TO_V1Max>  VR <&TO_VR>  V2 <&TO_V2>  POWER <&TO_Thrust>   TO/RW <&TO_Runway><&TO_Data_End><&PerformanceSection_End>

Result (if takeoff performance was calculated) in the Output is:

V1 <&TO_V1>/<&TO_V1MAX>  VR <&TO_VR>  V2 <&TO_V2>  POWER 99.6%   TO/RW 

So it correctly worked to not display the No_TO_Data section but lacks nearly all values of the TO_Data section (V1, V1max, VR, V2 and TO_Runway) - just TO_Thrust is present.

Archived