Upon trying to start PFPX a window pops up saying:

OpenGL Error

The video card does not support 1024x1024 texture sizes.

Then the program crashes with an unhandled exception.

My video card is the Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 Ultimate 1024MB.

OpenGL Version is 6.14.10.12217

Any clues?

might help if you uninstall the current drivers for your card and install the latest ones...solved similar problem I had once.

I have the latest ones, always do. Only thing I don't install is beta drivers.

Upon trying to start PFPX a window pops up saying:

OpenGL Error

The video card does not support 1024x1024 texture sizes.

Then the program crashes with an unhandled exception.

My video card is the Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 Ultimate 1024MB.

OpenGL Version is 6.14.10.12217

Any clues?

We are reviewing this issue. Fix in work.

We are reviewing this issue. Fix in work.

Thanks Christian,

Just to let you know, I did install the latest Beta Driver, which is, as mentioned, not what I usually do. That fixed the problem,

The OpenGL version displays now as 6.14.10.12441

Thought you'd be interested to know should others have a similar problem.

I have the same issue. I'm running PFPX in a Win 7 pro virtual machine. I activated it once, it crashed with that error and now it wants me to activate it again :(

• Deputy Sheriffs

if installing on a VM is not supported please could you delete my activation so i can install it on my PC

1. do not hijack a topic that got nothing to do with your problem.

2. Regarding your specific problem, contact Aerosoft directly at support@aerosoft.com with a proof of your purchase.

I had to revert back to the last beta driver Sapphire supports directly because FSX would keep on crashing with the 13.8 drivers caused by the atiumdag.dll.

As a result the error is back!

Now it says "The video card does not support 256x256 texture sizes".

The module crashing is mfc110.dll.

Open GL Version is now 6.14.10.12198

I need a solution. Either PFPX won't start at all if I use older drivers, or FSX crashes when I use the newest one. A lose, lose situation.

Hello, I have the same problem also. I get this message : the video card does not support 256x256 texture sizes (OPENGL Error) ...

Then the software crash ...

I have a Radeon HD 5870 graphic card with last driver catalyst 13.4 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bits.

Also, at each launch, it ask me my activation number !!

Thank to find a solution .

Eric

Some change with the newest version of PFPX (1.04).

The error message "The video card does not support 256x256 texture sizes" is still displayed, but the program does not crash on startup anymore. But the world map is not displaying. It's just completely blank. There are other display anomalies within the interface, but this one stands out the most.

I circumvented the issue by deinstalling the catalyst drivers. WIndows still has the latest graphics driver installed. With that PFPX is working. Although one loses the control over the graphics settings of the card.

I will wait until the next catalyst driver is released and see what happens. I hope Christian has another look into this.

Same here. AMD Radeoeon 6870 card with latest drivers. No map. Opengl Error 256 texture problem.

Same here. AMD Radeoeon 6870 card with latest drivers. No map. Opengl Error 256 texture problem.

The problem went away when I reinstalled ATI Catalyst and unchecked the scaling box.

Ed

Good evening

With the last update 1.05 the problem of 256x256 textures sizes is resolved and I do not need to validate my serial number every time.

However, I still have bugs. I have no world map, some problems of printing flight plan and other small display bugs.

Last question, i have update navdata with the Airac 1309 but when i generate a route, i have a warning who tell me : the route has been generated with database AS1302 ??? Why the program doesn't use the upgrade 1309 ? Thank for your response.

Archived