Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes.... as said before this is the project from hell. 

But I promise, hand on heart, that the new dev is one that is 100% reliable. 

Thank goodness for that!

Looking forward to seeing this project proceeding in the right direction...
Brussels is sorely missed in P3D right now.

I keep my fingers crossed that development goes smoothly once it is resumed in full.

Thanks for the open and honest communication Mathijs.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Four and a half years and still no product. Having flown into my old EBBR for FSX/FS9 this morning it reminds me how much a new version is needed.

Can't the developers get an EU subsidy to fund their work. The HQ is in the city. But I suppose we Brits will have to pay a higher price unless Theresa May can negotiate a deal! :D

• Upvote 3

I heard a rumour that GayaSim will restart the development of EBBR.
I found it on a FB-post of one of the developpers.
They are starting up again as Gayasim and said that EBBR will be made.

No idea if it is with the support of Aerosoft or on their own.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pieter666 said:

I heard a rumour that GayaSim will restart the development of EBBR.
I found it on a FB-post of one of the developpers.
They are starting up again as Gayasim and said that EBBR will be made.

No idea if it is with the support of Aerosoft or on their own.

Given he was not able to continue his work and it was passed to someone else I doubt that. I don't think Aerosoft would countenance another switch unless it was absolutely necessary.

• Aerosoft

We don't need any subsidy, we got enough cash to pay for this. The issue is that there is a very limited amount of dev teams who can handle a project like this. But as said, the problem is solved. The most reliable devs we have are now on this project.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We don't need any subsidy, we got enough cash to pay for this. The issue is that there is a very limited amount of dev teams who can handle a project like this. But as said, the problem is solved. The most reliable devs we have are now on this project.

Mathijs, you take me too seriously sometimes. ;) My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I posted earlier. I understand it must be a nightmare with these huge projects especially if the airport is undergoing improvements.

I look forward to its release. :)

• Aerosoft

The fact the airport changed was not the issue. It was really bad luck and not getting the right people at the right time. Some projects are from hell. The CRJ was one, this is another.

But the CRJ was released (and will get a massive update rather soon) and this one will be released as well

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Woohoo, finally good news!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a lot of airports that we would like to get built to professional level but I guess some never will. A lot of things to do with v4 are taking such a long time it makes me wonder whether I should've just stuck with FSX haha. 

• Aerosoft

Doing a major airport takes about one manyear. And when we have to update or redo a whole bunch of them it simply can't be done at the same time. Even with our resources (close to 20 people working on scenery in one form or another) things need time.

Brussels was (and still is) the project from hell. It had all problems you can imagine. Sometimes projects are haunted. But we now have a very solid plan. 

Wow, just checked page one of this post - 2013. So much has changed in the flightsim world since this project was announced. We have 64bit sims, and X-Plane has really taken off so to speak.

The airport will get quite a few major overhauls in terms of aprons in the next year or two. Are you guys aware of this, and do you plan to include these updates?

It will be quite an impactful change, with works continuning throughout for the next two years.

Hello

i was looking around searching for previews of brussels v2.0 then i saw a site with the article of Aerosoft brussels v2.0. Their sites says its in stock on 22April on a sunday. I don’t know if this is legit so i ask you guys? I also included a screenshot sorry it is dutch though.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dont trust dates given in other shops, they are simply placeholders.

When AS Brussels is ready for release it will be announced here in this forum.

Please not that the project has restarted several times, and as you can see the screenshot is very old (compatible with FSX and P3D v2 and v3)...