Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

• Developer

It seems that it never mind how many time you will write WIP /simple render NOT from the sim or with any other kind of effect/from the work-desk etc, still someone will not get it.

I will clarify- all the images on the last posts are totally WIP and from inside Blender. It's mean no any kind of manipulation has implement here. Just to explain it better- when we export it from the 3d software to the simulators (p3d of fsx), the graphic engine of each platform make "internal" render for the models according to it's parameters and the user settings, and this is totally not the case here. 

think about it as a quick view to my desktop :)

At the bottom line- my conclusion is to publish images only of final things and from inside the simulators only.

• Upvote 5

Razgo, please don't let single complainers discourage you. You made it very clear that those were WIP pictures without any kind of manipulation or flightsim rendering, so I think that should have been clear also to that particular user. I think that having WIP pictures is still better than having no WIP (or at least unrendered WIP) pictures at all. So, please continue with publishing them and don't give that much importance to singular critical voices.

And in order to put all this into perspective even better: Friday is not only one singular critical voice so far, but also a user who (judging by this posting history) rarely contributed more to this forum than nagging about (in his view) bad preview pictures while almost all other users praised them. So I think he shouldn't be taken that serious.

Ok it was again my fault... I made some criticism... 

Take a look to other forums or communities. They all say that aerosoft lost it's quality and the way of dealing with criticism is a shame! 

But hey you can still delete my comment or bann me or what ever. The main fact for you is : it is brilliant and a masterpiece! CC ready B)

Nothing against gayaSim. Maybe the will impress me, but at this stage the version of IDS was better in my opinion. I am not here to hesitate someone or something, I just want so say my opinion! I also can say that I am really impressed by your A330 or Johannesburg or Tegel , because I really love the work they did. But in this case I am a little bit disappointed. It is the same thing which I told you before: airports made by simwings. I think EGLL and Malaga are also not that good especially when I compare it with airports made by Fly*** or Flightb***. And again this is my opinion (or not only my opinion! but to know other opinions, you have to leave the Aerosoftworld- but this is impossible, I know :D ) 

And now back to topic: CC Ready in 2020! :boingy_s: 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, razgo said:

It seems that it never mind how many time you will write WIP /simple render NOT from the sim or with any other kind of effect/from the work-desk etc, still someone will not get it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of FS/Game Development...

The models and textures look great by the way!

• Aerosoft
8 hours ago, Friday said:

Nothing against gayaSim. Maybe the will impress me, but at this stage the version of IDS was better in my opinion

I tried to find images that were shared and were both renders (as explained a few times now, comparing renders to what is seen in the sim is silly) but I could not find any. So you either have access the current file or you just write to provoke comments, like a troll. That is not criticism, that's trolling. Could be a simple mistake, shit happens, or you just do not understand what renders are, but then you follow up with a rather nasty post ('aerosoft world' etc). So it does not seem a mistake or misunderstanding.

You do not like Aerosoft, we get it. We'll survive. Your account will not.  As was made clear to you when you signed up to these forums, they are part of our support and marketing. They are NOT public forums like on AVSIM etc. We pay for the forums and we decide what is acceptable behavior here. Your posts were not and seeing your reputation score, the majority of the users agree with that.

Of course you will see this as another confirmation about how we are bad in handling criticism, but to be honest, I do not really care. You are obviously not one of our customers but somebody who feels trolling company forums is fun, so your opinion is not all that important to me. 

• Upvote 5

I like it :)

Just one question, which maybe cannot be answered yet... but will the terminal windows of the A-pier be transparent?

Will you be able to look inside?

The Jetbridges are awesome!

I am the only one who thinks that the previous version was looking better ? :mellow:

No, you're not the only one. For example, this version of terminal A leaves a lot to be desired when compared to the previous version. Of course as was mentioned above these are pre-alpha renders, so time will tell! I hope at the very least the terminal is transparent.

We'll see how this project continues along; I'm rooting hard for it to prove me wrong.

• Developer

Without be too much emotional I can tell you it's disappointing to understand people are not understand what is WIP/Pre-alpha etc.

anyway, it's a great lesson for us.

At the bottom line I can tell you Aerosoft Mega Airport Brussels will be one of the most exciting and amazing scenery you will see and fly, as well as our other projects.

Razgo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, razgo said:

Without be too much emotional I can tell you it's disappointing to understand people are not understand what is WIP/Pre-alpha etc.

At the bottom line I can tell you Aerosoft Mega Airport Brussels will be one of the most exciting and amazing scenery you will see and fly, as well as our other projects.

Razgo.

In development land it's real simple have a thick skin and just let your final product speak for themself no words ;-)

Take this from an old timer in development land ;-)

You have to take into your account that not everybody has the insight or skill set to picture it in a simulator or grasp the overall picture.

Just take it with a grain of salt.

Having said that great work and thank you for sharing your hard work and let the previews coming enjoying it B)

Cheers,

André

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, razgo said:

Razgo.

Hey Razgo,

We surely appreciate all the effort and time you (and your team?) have already put into this scenery development!

At my work, I also get zero appreciation for what I'm doing... For some it will never be good enough...

But I'm eager to see all this in my simulator! It will be great, that I'm sure of !!!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for sharing the WIP screenies! I think for most of us it is obvious that renders will look odd and different from what we see in FS (like lack of shadows). I don't care. The fact that those that are waiting for the release can see progress happening is always nice (even though I also think we're not automatically entitled to it). 

• 1 month later...
On 26/04/2016 at 11:05 PM, Friday said:

I am the only one who thinks that the previous version was looking better ? :mellow:

Yes, because the old one was horrible, buildings looked like defaults with everything very boxy and flat, textures were horrible, it was not nice. Oh and the old one was INCORRECT that is the biggest annoyance, for a "professional payware scenery." they put jetways on a building that wasn't even a terminal, it was an office building for airport staff. It has stands outside it, but it's not a terminal so no idea why DFS thought putting jetways was the right thing to do there has never been any.

This airport will be correct, that is what we want the most. So thank you for this amazing WIP airport!

I worked at the construction side on the office building, was fun watching all the planes around that side of the airport, was mostly United, Delta, Jetairfly, Thomas Cook and so on, obviously Brussels Airlines too as they used the whole airport.

Hi guys,

I see on the Aerosoft website (in french) that the release date is about 02.06.2016, but on the english website it's in August, so could you tell us a little bit about the release?? 

Those release dates are just placeholders, you shouldn't look at them since they don't tell you anything.

About the release, it's done when it's done and then it will be released. Nobody knows when that will be.

Again, a nice video of the airside of Brussels airport!

Can be helpfull for adding the buildings/sings/antenna's on EBBR?

All credits go to the original poster!

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer
On 7/1/2016 at 5:29 AM, Tyrion said:

I hope development is still going strong...

Trying hard to be patient in waiting for this product! ;)

Yes it is.

In continue to the last time I publish some WIP screenshots, we decided to publish images from inside the sims only to avoid misunderstanding.

I do confirm we are already done with the 3D work and the developing now is focus on position the objects and other scenery elements as well as optimization (like always).

You can expect screens soon.

Raz. 

• Upvote 4

On 02/07/2016 at 2:08 PM, razgo said:

Yes it is.

In continue to the last time I publish some WIP screenshots, we decided to publish images from inside the sims only to avoid misunderstanding.

I do confirm we are already done with the 3D work and the developing now is focus on position the objects and other scenery elements as well as optimization (like always).

You can expect screens soon.

Raz. 

Thanks for the heads up!

Looking forward to the screens!

On 28 mei 2016 at 9:38 PM, Schnuupi said:

Yes, because the old one was horrible, buildings looked like defaults with everything very boxy and flat, textures were horrible, it was not nice. Oh and the old one was INCORRECT that is the biggest annoyance, for a "professional payware scenery." they put jetways on a building that wasn't even a terminal, it was an office building for airport staff. It has stands outside it, but it's not a terminal so no idea why DFS thought putting jetways was the right thing to do there has never been any.

This airport will be correct, that is what we want the most. So thank you for this amazing WIP airport!

Maybe simply because Terminal C aka 'the satelliet' used to be an old terminal (with jetways!) when DFS released their version of EBBR in 2007?! :huh:

No need to be so annoyed if you got your facts right... :rolleyes:

The idea was to renovate the satelliet and convert it to a low-cost terminal to attract more traffic some years after the demise of Sabena. As low-cost carriers often do not want to pay for the use of expensive airport services, the jetways were removed in 2008.

The project did not materialize in the end and the building is now used as office space.

Great job on the renders Raz!

Keep it up...

Regards,

Sylvain

• Upvote 3

I hope and I'm pretty sure the devs are working hard on this? I know they changed devs during the development but it has ben 3 years! 
Some updates would be nice... Looking forward to it!...