Kastellorizo ​​no water textures (land instead of water)

blume333

well it´s hard to say how to fix it as i was beta tester of this during the progress, and tested it whit both FSX sp2 and acceleration whit no add-on and dident se it..

How ever saw some thing els that was related to an update of UTX that also affected the terrain around.. so it sounds wired you as said get this whit only this airport.. let me have a look

Ok now i tryeid to install it 2 times 1 right and the other by accidently hit UTX installed but non of them here make a difference i can´t reproduce it here whit the info given.. as note i never got the airport installed here so i guess it´s how the rest would se it right out of the box..

post-32482-0-49892500-1374346313_thumb.j

Hi thank you for your Info !
I tried it also on my Notebook with FSX+Apack only (without any other Addon), and I got the same Problem.
could it be an problem with Win8 during the installation?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you install everything as Administrator (right click on installer and choose "Run as Adminsitrator")?

It could be that your are running out of graphics memory, can you test by using lower settings and a very basic aircraft?

this can not be the problem, because I have 6GB VRAM (GTX TiTAN).
on my Nootebook, I testet the Scenery with a GTX670MX and I got the same Problem by lower settings (also by default settings).
I have no Ideer wathe the problem is, but I stay turn.

Kastellorizo X is a very good Scenery but with this problem a little bit frustrating.

Regards

Benni

• Aerosoft

this can not be the problem, because I have 6GB VRAM (GTX TiTAN).
on my Nootebook, I testet the Scenery with a GTX670MX and I got the same Problem by lower settings (also by default settings).
I have no Ideer wathe the problem is, but I stay turn.

Kastellorizo X is a very good Scenery but with this problem a little bit frustrating.

Regards

Benni

If you have it on two machines, there must be something that they have in common. What other add-ons do you have installed? Or did you tweak your fsx.cfg?

If you have it on two machines, there must be something that they have in common. What other add-ons do you have installed? Or did you tweak your fsx.cfg?

I tested the Scenery on my Notebook with no other Addon and a default fsx.cfg.
The problem is the same.
Uninstall of Kast.X dosen't solve the problem, only a reinstallation of FSX.

And what about the screenshot I asked you for?

Screenshots coming as soon as possible, because I'm busy at the Moment and I have not enough time for FSX.

• Aerosoft

I tested the Scenery on my Notebook with no other Addon and a default fsx.cfg.
The problem is the same.
Uninstall of Kast.X dosen't solve the problem, only a reinstallation of FSX.

Uhh so you mean that if you de-install Kastellerizo you still have the problem?

Uhh so you mean that if you de-install Kastellerizo you still have the problem?

yes, and this is the main problem, I can only fix it by a complete reinstallation.
So could you please inform the Kastellorizo X developers for a solution?

• Aerosoft

yes, and this is the main problem, I can only fix it by a complete reinstallation.
So could you please inform the Kastellorizo X developers for a solution?

I can't follow. You got the problem without Kastellorizo but you want the developers to fix a problem that is there without their product installed?

And it's also a problem that we can't recreate so we have no idea where to start looking.

ok guys i just made a flight yesterday to rhodos and found a area of ground texture.. like on the picture you gave as you see but i only se it when entering the area.. so yes it seems there is a problem just odd it acts different but it´s there on my mashine as well ( have the scenary installed) how ever if a re-install of the sim works i havent tryeid as i just installed all so im not much in to the mood of goeing back.. but would look for obvius awensers why it might happen..

UPDATE i see it aswell after the airport is uninstalled..

post-32482-0-54924700-1374516655_thumb.j

well i dont know why it happens i tryeid to delt my 06 files in the scenary folder as i know those folders are for greece then let FSX rebuild it and now it´s back to normal whit out Kastellorizo X installed any more.. so yes a re-install seem to work to fix it..

I know there was some differences in the files in those files 06xx as SP2 and acceleration dosent have the same data for some unknown reason, i cant remember where i was giving a clue to that but i at some time was able to show differences in the same files 1 from sp2 and 1 from acceleration and they isent the same as micrsoft edit some data for acceleration... how ever i dont think this would explane the problem as even you run SP2 insted of acceleration...

But why does the problem remain when you uninstall Kastellorizo.. that makes no sense..

About testing the flight from LGAV to LGMK was that whit addons or default airports ?

to be specific as i did back up the files whit the problem and now i tracked it down to be a file in the FSX\Scenery\0602 folder. would try chase the specific file

Benny could you backup (flightsimfolder)\Scenery\0602 folder then try install the scenary again and when done restart the pc when it´s up and running again try backup the 0602 folder again to another safe place then take the backup from before the install of Kastellorizo where it worked as it should then insert the folder to FSX folder try start FSX and se if it works it does here..

just tested it, first i dident move any files problem around lgmk was there then i used the files from before the install and it seems to work whit the few places i checked where i got problems before.. hope it does for you as well but dont ask me why, as i have no clue as it´s wired. In fact the more i work whit FSX the more wired i think it is, perhaps it´s why the sim runs so bad at some points.. and so sensetive

ok guys i just made a flight yesterday to rhodos and found a area of ground texture.. like on the picture you gave as you see but i only se it when entering the area.. so yes it seems there is a problem just odd it acts different but it´s there on my mashine as well ( have the scenary installed) how ever if a re-install of the sim works i havent tryeid as i just installed all so im not much in to the mood of goeing back.. but would look for obvius awensers why it might happen..

UPDATE i see it aswell after the airport is uninstalled..

That's exactly my problem.

Benny could you backup (flightsimfolder)\Scenery\0602 folder then try install the scenary again and when done restart the pc when it´s up and running again try backup the 0602 folder again to another safe place then take the backup from before the install of Kastellorizo where it worked as it should then insert the folder to FSX folder try start FSX and se if it works it does here..

just tested it, first i dident move any files problem around lgmk was there then i used the files from before the install and it seems to work whit the few places i checked where i got problems before.. hope it does for you as well but dont ask me why, as i have no clue as it´s wired. In fact the more i work whit FSX the more wired i think it is, perhaps it´s why the sim runs so bad at some points.. and so sensetive

First of all thank you for your Information and looking for a solution.
I try it, hopefully I can fix it.

Regards

Benni

I can't follow. You got the problem without Kastellorizo but you want the developers to fix a problem that is there without their product installed?

And it's also a problem that we can't recreate so we have no idea where to start looking.

KAPTEJNLN could recreate the problem and found also a possible solution!
Thank you for your efforts

SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!

During the Installation of Kastellorizo X the file cvx5418.bgl switches to cvx5418.off (located in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0602\scenery)

post-29338-0-62584300-1374574797_thumb.j

so just rename it in bgl and the water is back

Thank you all for the Support !

Archived