Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Kastellorizo ​​no water textures (land instead of water)

Best Answer blume333, 23 July 2013 - 10:26

SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!

During the Installation of Kastellorizo X the file cvx5418.bgl switches to cvx5418.off (located in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0602\scenery)

so just rename it in bgl and the water is back

Thank you all for the Support !

Go to the full post

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
25 replies to this topic

#1 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 17:25

Hello Community !
After installation of Kastellorizo X, I found out that my water is gone in area of Athens.

I don't use UTX or ORBX Addon.

post-29338-0-36492400-1374003080_thumb.jpg

post-29338-0-72967600-1374003172_thumb.jpg

How can i fix it?

greeting

Benny

link to my german Post

http://forum.aerosof...d-statt-wasser/

#2 KAPTEJNLN

KAPTEJNLN

General

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1268 Posts:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 18:17

well it´s hard to say how to fix it as i was beta tester of this during the progress, and tested it whit both FSX sp2 and acceleration whit no add-on and dident se it..

How ever saw some thing els that was related to an update of UTX that also affected the terrain around.. so it sounds wired you as said get this whit only this airport.. let me have a look

#3 KAPTEJNLN

KAPTEJNLN

General

• _Members
  • 1268 Posts:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 18:50

Ok now i tryeid to install it 2 times 1 right and the other by accidently hit UTX installed but non of them here make a difference i can´t reproduce it here whit the info given.. as note i never got the airport installed here so i guess it´s how the rest would se it right out of the box..

Attached thumbnail(s)

• no problem.jpg

#4 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:55

Hi thank you for your Info !

I tried it also on my Notebook with FSX+Apack only (without any other Addon), and I got the same Problem.
could it be an problem with Win8 during the installation?

#5 mopperle

mopperle

Field Marshal

• Assistant Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8844 Posts:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:24

Did you install everything as Administrator (right click on installer and choose "Run as Adminsitrator")?

Gruß/Regards,
Otto

Kein Support via PM/No support via PM

electric-lightning-banner.jpg

#6 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:54

Did you install everything as Administrator (right click on installer and choose "Run as Adminsitrator")?

Yes

#7 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Forum Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 27048 Posts:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:58

It could be that your are running out of graphics memory, can you test by using lower settings and a very basic aircraft? 

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#8 mopperle

mopperle

Field Marshal

• Assistant Moderators
  • 8844 Posts:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:58

Please make a screenshot while flying in the area where you see land instead of water.

Gruß/Regards,
Otto

#9 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:57

It could be that your are running out of graphics memory, can you test by using lower settings and a very basic aircraft? 

this can not be the problem, because I have 6GB VRAM (GTX TiTAN).
on my Nootebook, I testet the Scenery with a GTX670MX and I got the same Problem by lower settings (also by default settings).
I have no Ideer wathe the problem is, but I stay turn.

Kastellorizo X is a very good Scenery but with this problem a little bit frustrating.

Regards

Benni

#10 mopperle

mopperle

Field Marshal

• Assistant Moderators
  • 8844 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:30

And what about the screenshot I asked you for?

Gruß/Regards,
Otto

#11 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27048 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:24

this can not be the problem, because I have 6GB VRAM (GTX TiTAN).
on my Nootebook, I testet the Scenery with a GTX670MX and I got the same Problem by lower settings (also by default settings).
I have no Ideer wathe the problem is, but I stay turn.

Kastellorizo X is a very good Scenery but with this problem a little bit frustrating.

Regards

Benni

If you have it on two machines, there must be something that they have in common. What other add-ons do you have installed? Or did you tweak your fsx.cfg?

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#12 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:04

If you have it on two machines, there must be something that they have in common. What other add-ons do you have installed? Or did you tweak your fsx.cfg?

I tested the Scenery on my Notebook with no other Addon and a default fsx.cfg.
The problem is the same.
Uninstall of Kast.X dosen't solve the problem, only a reinstallation of FSX.

#13 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:07

And what about the screenshot I asked you for?

Screenshots coming as soon as possible, because I'm busy at the Moment and I have not enough time for FSX.

#14 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27048 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:02

I tested the Scenery on my Notebook with no other Addon and a default fsx.cfg.
The problem is the same.
Uninstall of Kast.X dosen't solve the problem, only a reinstallation of FSX.

Uhh so you mean that if you de-install Kastellerizo you still have the problem? 

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#15 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 16:50

Uhh so you mean that if you de-install Kastellerizo you still have the problem? 

yes, and this is the main problem, I can only fix it by a complete reinstallation.
So could you please inform the Kastellorizo X developers for a solution?

#16 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27048 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 17:23

yes, and this is the main problem, I can only fix it by a complete reinstallation.
So could you please inform the Kastellorizo X developers for a solution?

I can't follow. You got the problem without Kastellorizo but you want the developers to fix a problem that is there without their product installed?  

And it's also a problem that we can't recreate so we have no idea where to start looking.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#17 KAPTEJNLN

KAPTEJNLN

General

• _Members
  • 1268 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 18:13

ok guys i just made a flight yesterday to rhodos and found a area of ground texture.. like on the picture you gave as you see but i only se it when entering the area.. so yes it seems there is a problem just odd it acts different but it´s there on my mashine as well ( have the scenary installed) how ever if a re-install of the sim works i havent tryeid as i just installed all so im not much in to the mood of goeing back.. but would look for obvius awensers why it might happen.. 

UPDATE i see it aswell after the airport is uninstalled.. 

Attached thumbnail(s)

• found it.jpg

#18 mopperle

mopperle

Field Marshal

• Assistant Moderators
  • 8844 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 19:17

Weird, cant reproduce it. Just did a flight from LGAV to LGMK and see this after departing:

kast_01.jpg kast_02.jpg kast_03.jpg

Gruß/Regards,
Otto

#19 KAPTEJNLN

KAPTEJNLN

General

• _Members
  • 1268 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 20:17

well i dont know why it happens i tryeid to delt my 06 files in the scenary folder as i know those folders are for greece then let FSX rebuild it and now it´s back to normal whit out Kastellorizo X installed any more.. so yes a re-install seem to work to fix it..

I know there was some differences in the files in those files 06xx as SP2 and acceleration dosent have the same data for some unknown reason, i cant remember where i was giving a clue to that but i at some time was able to show differences in the same files 1 from sp2 and 1 from acceleration and they isent the same as micrsoft edit some data for acceleration... how ever i dont think this would explane the problem as even you run SP2 insted of acceleration...

But why does the problem remain when you uninstall Kastellorizo.. that makes no sense..

About testing the flight from LGAV to LGMK was that whit addons or default airports ?

#20 KAPTEJNLN

KAPTEJNLN

General

• _Members
  • 1268 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 20:36

to be specific as i did back up the files whit the problem and now i tracked it down to be a file in the FSX\Scenery\0602 folder. would try chase the specific file

#21 KAPTEJNLN

KAPTEJNLN

General

• _Members
  • 1268 Posts:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 21:22

Benny could you backup (flightsimfolder)\Scenery\0602 folder then try install the scenary again and when done restart the pc when it´s up and running again try backup the 0602 folder again to another safe place then take the backup from before the install of Kastellorizo where it worked as it should then insert the folder to FSX folder try start FSX and se if it works it does here..

just tested it, first i dident move any files problem around lgmk was there then i used the files from before the install and it seems to work whit the few places i checked where i got problems before.. hope it does for you as well but dont ask me why, as i have no clue as it´s wired. In fact the more i work whit FSX the more wired i think it is, perhaps it´s why the sim runs so bad at some points.. and so sensetive

#22 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:47

ok guys i just made a flight yesterday to rhodos and found a area of ground texture.. like on the picture you gave as you see but i only se it when entering the area.. so yes it seems there is a problem just odd it acts different but it´s there on my mashine as well ( have the scenary installed) how ever if a re-install of the sim works i havent tryeid as i just installed all so im not much in to the mood of goeing back.. but would look for obvius awensers why it might happen.. 

UPDATE i see it aswell after the airport is uninstalled.. 

That's exactly my problem.

#23 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:52

Benny could you backup (flightsimfolder)\Scenery\0602 folder then try install the scenary again and when done restart the pc when it´s up and running again try backup the 0602 folder again to another safe place then take the backup from before the install of Kastellorizo where it worked as it should then insert the folder to FSX folder try start FSX and se if it works it does here..

just tested it, first i dident move any files problem around lgmk was there then i used the files from before the install and it seems to work whit the few places i checked where i got problems before.. hope it does for you as well but dont ask me why, as i have no clue as it´s wired. In fact the more i work whit FSX the more wired i think it is, perhaps it´s why the sim runs so bad at some points.. and so sensetive

First of all thank you for your Information and looking for a solution.

I try it, hopefully I can fix it.

Regards

Benni

#24 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:57

I can't follow. You got the problem without Kastellorizo but you want the developers to fix a problem that is there without their product installed?  

And it's also a problem that we can't recreate so we have no idea where to start looking.

KAPTEJNLN could recreate the problem and found also a possible solution!

Thank you for your efforts 

#25 blume333

blume333

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:26   Best Answer

SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!

During the Installation of Kastellorizo X the file cvx5418.bgl switches to cvx5418.off (located in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0602\scenery)

1.JPG

so just rename it in bgl and the water is back

Thank you all for the Support !

#26 KAPTEJNLN

KAPTEJNLN

General

• _Members
  • 1268 Posts:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:26

yes i can confirm that file is renamed.. how could i just see that yesterday perhaps the hot weather has an influence any way good we got it tracked down

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users