AES 2.31 released

I have A_A Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi Version 2013 for FS9, but when trying to activate it, the scenery is not in my list of installed add-ons?? Is an additional patch required from A_A first?

• Developer

I have A_A Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi Version 2013 for FS9, but when trying to activate it, the scenery is not in my list of installed add-ons?? Is an additional patch required from A_A first?

Yes, there is a Update to Version 1.1 for FSX available.

EDIT: The Update is needed for FSX Version, FS9 should work native, as long as there was no update/change since I got it last week.

Thankyou Oliver! The long awaited aircraft parameters update still seems a long way off......is it perhaps time to employ someone else if you have so little time for the job.?

fsscr046_zpse0ac64cc.jpg

I do not think it will ever be possible to employ another person in a project like AES. It does not even bring enough money for Oliver alone, don't start speaking of a second person who'd also need to be payed for development.

Then I'll need a little help:

This is my list of installed airports: VTBS is not there. If I remove the checkbox near 'List only installed Addons' I can select VTBS.

7zq.png

If I select VTBS I get the following error:

vsr.png

In the scenery.cfg VTBS is installed OK:

ef3s.png

I do not think it will ever be possible to employ another person in a project like AES. It does not even bring enough money for Oliver alone, don't start speaking of a second person who'd also need to be payed for development.

It is only a thought. I am pretty sure Oliver has a "proper job" ...with that and real life duties probably has precious little time for FS.

• Developer

Then I'll need a little help:

This is my list of installed airports: VTBS is not there. If I remove the checkbox near 'List only installed Addons' I can select VTBS.

Can you please check, if there this two files in the Surarnabhumi_FS9_2013\Scenery directory: LabelABCDEFG.BGL and VTBS_ADE9_TIC_OBJ.BGL

Maybe the file LabelABCDEFG.BGL was rename to LabelABCDEF.BGL in the release version.

Thanks Oliver, somehow the file VTBS_ADE9_TIC_OBJ.BGL is missing... I will do a reinstall and report back here.

Reinstalling the scenery did not solve the issue. Guess I'll have the A_A team about it. I can manually remove this file from the AESA_VTBS_AAS.cfg file, is that OK?

Thanks Oliver, somehow the file VTBS_ADE9_TIC_OBJ.BGL is missing... I will do a reinstall and report back here.

• Developer

Reinstalling the scenery did not solve the issue. Guess I'll have the A_A team about it. I can manually remove this file from the AESA_VTBS_AAS.cfg file, is that OK?

Can you rename the Text in the cfg from VTBS_ADE9_TIC_OBJ to VTBSFence

If this will work, I change it too. The VTBSFence.BGL should be there.

As always, a big thanks. I'm just now noticing the subtle head movement of the refueler, cargo guys, etc.. I don't know if they've been like that but thanks again for a fine product that adds so much to FltSimming.

Hey Oliver

Thanks for the release of AES 2.31 - a lot of great airports are included now.

I've only one question: FSDT Vancouver was released a lot earlier than some airports included in 2.31 - I don't want to ask when it will be done, but only whether it will be done or not. If it won't be done I will most presumably not buy it, and I'd like to know because of that ;)

Thanks!

VTBSFence.bgl is also not available in my installation... Another option could be:

- GenericBuildingFS9.bgl

- GroundPolyVTBS.bgl

- MainTerminal.bgl

Edit: included a new file with reference to GroundPolyVTBS.bgl for FS9. Now it seems to be work OK.

Can you rename the Text in the cfg from VTBS_ADE9_TIC_OBJ to VTBSFence

If this will work, I change it too. The VTBSFence.BGL should be there.

Issue fix in the Update here

• Developer

Edit: included a new file with reference to GroundPolyVTBS.bgl for FS9. Now it seems to be work OK.

Ok, that is a solution for the moment, as it is not used in the old version. I will clear up this issue with the developer.

I've FSX and I also can't find A_A VTBS in my AES Help...

EDIT: Problem solved. Thought an update which has to be installed was already installed, sorry.

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that is disappointed with the lack of progress with AES? It's a fantastic product but if ever there was a case of over promising and under delivering this has to be it. I know Oliver is busy with "real" life, but the 500+ Euro I've spent on AES feel's real as well.I check for updates on a regular basis but after waiting in most cases months, after the last few I come away with a feeling of is that it?

Error 4711 is an indicator of pirated serial codes as Mathijs mentioned in another posting on this forum.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that is disappointed with the lack of progress with AES? It's a fantastic product but if ever there was a case of over promising and under delivering this has to be it. I know Oliver is busy with "real" life, but the 500+ Euro I've spent on AES feel's real as well.I check for updates on a regular basis but after waiting in most cases months, after the last few I come away with a feeling of is that it?

No you are not the only one that is disappointed with the AES progress.

I'm not very happy too.

No new performance, only some airports compatibility added...

I hope for the baggage loading or the people boarding , but nothing of this!

I know Oliver is busy with "real" life, but it's his problem....My problem is every Euro I spent to buy credit.

From now, I will think well when I will buy every credit ! :byesad_s:

Archived