Download link for tweaked Sim1.dll? (FSX)

a320maxi

Hi,

is there somebody who knows a download link for the tweaked Sim1.dll which improves FSX' poor gound friction? Any tip is appreciated. :) I dont know where to post this, in "Airbus X Extended Tweaking" section or here...?

Greetings

You could still try the FSUIPC fix for it. I do not know if it requires the full version of FSUIPC though.

Try to google it, I'm sure you'll find some installation instructions and more information about it.

You could still try the FSUIPC fix for it. I do not know if it requires the full version of FSUIPC though.

Try to google it, I'm sure you'll find some installation instructions and more information about it.

Ok, thanks, will try it. :)

Hi,

Yes, unregistered version of FSUIPC sweets well; after installing, put the line PatchSIM1friction=Yes in the section [General] in the file FSUIPC4.ini.

And enjoy it...

Hi,

Yes, unregistered version of FSUIPC sweets well; after installing, put the line PatchSIM1friction=Yes in the section [General] in the file FSUIPC4.ini.

And enjoy it...

Thanks for the instructions. :) ummmm, but do I need to have the Lua library installed or not?

Hi guys! What does this do exactly? Sound interesting :)

Do you mean the tweaked Sim1.dll? Well, it is supposed to improve FSX' overall poor ground (taxiing, take-off roll, ...) physics. It should fix the unrealistic behavior on the ground like the drifting with the C172 while taxiing only at 10 knots... :D But now I was told there is another fix for this, which is even better, its via FSUIPC. Just like gr.eg said, adding the line PatchSIM1friction=Yes in section [General] in FSUIPC.ini

Greetings

Hi guys! What does this do exactly? Sound interesting :)

This fix is supposed to make the ground friction of FSX higher. For example in the Airbus X you need around 35-40% N1 to taxy even if you have a very light load. If you apply this fix you will need much less thrust, just as in reality where you can taxy almost in IDLE.

What FSUIPC does now is only applying this tweaked effect below 30kt. The sense of this is that most payware addons do have proper acceleration at higher speed and so you'd get far to high acceleration values if you're not using FSUIPC.

This fix is supposed to make the ground friction of FSX higher. For example in the Airbus X you need around 35-40% N1 to taxy even if you have a very light load. If you apply this fix you will need much less thrust, just as in reality where you can taxy almost in IDLE.

What FSUIPC does now is only applying this tweaked effect below 30kt. The sense of this is that most payware addons do have proper acceleration at higher speed and so you'd get far to high acceleration values if you're not using FSUIPC.

Well, I applied the PatchSIM1friction=Yes tweak in the FSUPIC.ini , but now I need full power to taxi with my Aerosim 787. With other planes like AXE or the PMDG NGX it works fine, any clue of whats happening there?

Ok, has anyone the original Sim1.dll? I tried FSUIPC patches and they worked as long as I didnt press the brakes, after that I need full n1 to get rolling (on all aircraft). Or does FSX create a new one if I delete the Sim1.dll? I deleted the "PatchSIM1friction" entries in fsuipc and deleted all .lua files in modules which could have something to do with friction..., but still no change, after pressing the brakes, the plane doesnt want to roll anymore, only at full throttle, above 30 knots it turns OK, I have checked all braking axes, all OK, full null zones.

Well, I applied the PatchSIM1friction=Yes tweak in the FSUPIC.ini , but now I need full power to taxi with my Aerosim 787. With other planes like AXE or the PMDG NGX it works fine, any clue of whats happening there?

Really no idea what could be wrong there. Best you contact the developer of that aircraft.

Ok, has anyone the original Sim1.dll? I tried FSUIPC patches and they worked as long as I didnt press the brakes, after that I need full n1 to get rolling (on all aircraft). Or does FSX create a new one if I delete the Sim1.dll? I deleted the "PatchSIM1friction" entries in fsuipc and deleted all .lua files in modules which could have something to do with friction..., but still no change, after pressing the brakes, the plane doesnt want to roll anymore, only at full throttle, above 30 knots it turns OK, I have checked all braking axes, all OK, full null zones.

Now this sounds strange.

First of all, DO NOT DELEATE THE SIM1.dll!!! It will not build a new one, but it will stop working at all!

I do not know what's going on with your FSUIPC there, sorry. Best we wait for someone smarter than me to help you there ;)

It's better if we close this thread now because:

1. as Mathijs mentioned earlier, there are legal isues with replacing copyrighted files.

2. any FSUIPC support should go to the FSUIPC forum instead

Archived