This is the news of the year for me so far! Really looking forward to the JU-52, one of my all-time fav in the sim. When I've been to Duxford first time I was just about to jump out of my skin seeing that beautiful JU-52 in the restoration hangar (that was coming from Portugal).
Now I have another forum topic to visit regulary... :)

This is one of my last paintings (acrylic on canvas) reflecting the hundreds of hours I was flying the freeware model. This "restoration" will be a tremendous hit on my sim hours again :)

Ju-52%2520Lord%2520Charles%2520Somerset.

And this the one in Duxford (don't know what's her condition now, I took this picture in 2011)

JU-52.JPG

• Upvote 2

Iam really looking forward to this great aircraft!

Great painting too!

Sent from my GT- I9500 with kit kat using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't find out until now that you're making a Junkers 52! That's awesome.. I will most definately buy it. :D

MR J.Schweigler is there any thing new on this projects development it has been a year and a half since any development shots have ben shown is there any new ones to show us since the glider is done please show us some shots from this aircraft.

chad

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chad,

The glider is in fact, not done yet. So, a bit more patience is required at this time.

When i was flying an CTLS (2 jears ago) i had the chance to see two different JU-52. The first on was filmed at EDFZ. It is the "RIMOWA" HB-HOT. It was shortly befor this plane flew over to New York

see here: http://www.bpcm.com/news-article/rimowa-ju-52-los-angeles-and-new-york-events.html (It could be the Flight to USA, because there were only 4 humans on the plane)

The second is the "D-AQUI" D-CDLH at EDRK. Luck: i was standing right at my plane at the Runway (planes used to park between Taxi- and Runway) and shoot some great photos of the D-AQUI)

Both times it was pure chance to see them. I wasn't aware about them flying when i choose to fly on these days to these fields.

Philip

• Upvote 1

whats new on this aircraft thats never been done for flight sim.

chadhittenberger

Actually it has. There are 2 freeware versions available - one from Oliver Fischer and also another model by Primavery (not sure of the spelling). Then at one stage Data Becker brought out a payware model of D-AQUI. But it was not such a great success and was withdrawn from Simmarket.

what i meant was like will we see actually spinning radial engines. are there any unique things about this aircraft systems wise that we have not seen before in fsx . not has this aircraft ever been simulated befor.

chad hittenberger

From that point of you, yes and I fully agree with you. Looking forward to this one myself.

Chad, the Ju-52 has radial, not rotary engines. At rest, they look similar, but the principles are very different. Rotary engines were installed in many WWI aircraft but not the Tanta Ju. In a rotary engine, the crankshaft is fixed to the airframe and the crankcase rotates. The prop is attached to the crankcase, so the engine spins with the prop. A radial engine has the crankcase fixed to the airframe and the prop attached to the crankshaft (or a short extension of the crank when planetary gears were used to make the prop turn slower than the crankshaft). So in the case of the Ju-52, you will not see "spinning engines" but you will see spinning props.

• Upvote 2

Chad, once we know anything new we will share it in here. Until then there's no need in asking if certain things have been descided yet - if they were you'd already know it.

• Upvote 2