A question regarding FS Global Ultimate installation

WebMaximus

Bought and just received FS Global Ultimate - Europe/Africa and after installation I noticed looking in the FSX scenery library that FSGU put itself quite far down the list even below several default FSX scenery entries (see the attached screenshot).

Is this really correct that FSGU is below default FSX entries for the same regions like Europe...?

FS%20Global%20Ultimate%20order%20in%20FS

Yes that is correct, terrain mesh like FSGlobal should be towards the bottom of the scenery library. Just leave it where the installer put it and all will be fine.

OK, thanks for the quick reply!

I understand mesh entries should normally be low in the scenery library but thought it felt a bit strange when I have default FSX entries for the same region above the FSGU entries like the Western and Eastern Europe entries but maybe those default FSX entries are not mesh but something else and that's why they are above the FSGU entries?

Just want to make sure I get 100% out of the product I just bought since it's not always so easy to spot those kind of problems when you don't know what it should look like.

Bought and just received FS Global Ultimate - Europe/Africa and after installation I noticed looking in the FSX scenery library that FSGU put itself quite far down the list even below several default FSX scenery entries (see the attached screenshot).

Is this really correct that FSGU is below default FSX entries for the same regions like Europe...?

I have FS Global 2010, but the logic is exactly the same.

The installer put the entries where they should be. You will not have to bother with them again.

A small exception:

NOT through the scenery library, but directly, under some conditions, you may have to rename some BGLs in the Local Meshes directory (for example to -> .OFF). This happens usually if you have an addon airport a local mesh BGL gets involved with (an example would be LPMA).

Archived