Airbus X Extended & FSX & Tampa FSX Fatal Error

Jetwings32

Seems like every time I use Airbus X Ext & every Time I fly to Tampa & especially on descending & then going into FMS to select runway & Sids & Stars, I get that stupid FSX Error message where it cuts me off the game.. I am getting like so tired of this FSX & its fatal errors..

Its really taking away from my flightsim experience..

Is there anything I can possibly do to forever rid FSX of these stupid errors, so I can fly free of FSX errors ??

Okay, exactly what error do you see?

Well normally what I see is screen freeze, then blue circle which back in the day would of been the old hour glass but now today is the little blue circle then FSX shuts down & it says something to the effect FSX has shut down but is restarting, only problem with that is once it restarts is when you get another error that smartassembly.dll is missing.. I've tried that work around that's out about having the UIautomationcore.dll with both models that are out but still have the same problem.. Its random.. Like I had it twice today.. Once before I even got going & then on approach into Tampa which has been the last couple trips I've tried flying into FlyTampa's Tampa scenery especially on approach & when go into the FMS & put In my runway & approach sids & stars its done this to me.. But to be clear its not just the Airbus because I've had this error with other aircraft not just the Airbus X Extended.. I only came here because I know this forum has a lot of fellow flightsimmers & you Mathjis & your crew that make our planes & scenery have alittle more knowledge in computers than some of us & I have..

I just want to make it clear this is not blaming anything on the Airbus X I love that plane & I wanna be able to enjoy flying it.. I'm just getting fed up with this Microsoft Error issue like everyone else is & trying to work with everyone in trying to find a solution but like its been made mention, there seems to be no one solution or no solution at all too this problem because everything I've tried has failed & hasn't worked..

I've tried doing the AIautomationcore.dll from both the Vista version to the original version & putting it in FSX main folder unless I'm miss understanding which is the main folder.. Like I have my flightsim X on C:/FSX out side of its normal default downloading place which someone said to do..

neither has any good results I still get random shutdowns, where it will freeze & just shutdown & restart.. Saying that FSX has encountered a problem & needs to shutdown. Or I think that's what it has said, I can't remember now & usually when It does I can't remember exactly what it says because I am so frustrated at that point I don't care to remember what it says.. lol

Its a Microsoft issue & even though the game people are no longer doing anything, still its Microsoft's award winning product & Mircrosoft product you would some normal Microsoft computer techs could find some kind of solution for error..

Someone on one of these sites said to put it FSX on HD of its own.. HD is Hard Drive right, would FSX allow me to put it like on Drive E: or Drive F ?? Do you think that would work.. I really hate to take everything off I have so many planes like Airbus X Extended & I Fly & my ERJ's & my scenery I hate to take all that off & redo everything unless I knew for sure it would work..

Like Shaun this error doesn't effect everyone & everyone it does effect seems to happen at different times so way to really pin it down but hey if you can help me Mathjis I'd greatly appreciate it man..

Just basically posting what I experienced to fellow FSX Pilots & for anyone that might be able to help..

What does event viewer say about the error as you dont really say what the error is. If it is UIautomationcore.dll crash then stay out of the menus as that should work if you run full screen or run in window mode to reduce the chance of that type of crash, also there is only one version of UIautomationcore.dll that will work from what i have read but there is a load of different versions out there.

Also what AI traffic package are you using as some come with thier own afcad's which can cause conflicts with addon airports, this is something i have experienced in the past where the afcad supplied with traffic addon would cause a crash due to a conflict.

Screen not responding error can be because of:

1) Scenery Error (causing a crash at a specific point) or AI traffic bgls.

2) UiAnimationCore problem. (I suggest removing ALL traces of this off your computer. It works for me, never had an issue with this anymore).

3) OOM.

I suggest you start by uninstalling FT Tampa to rule out its a scenery problem.

What does event viewer say about the error as you dont really say what the error is. If it is UIautomationcore.dll crash then stay out of the menus as that should work if you run full screen or run in window mode to reduce the chance of that type of crash, also there is only one version of UIautomationcore.dll that will work from what i have read but there is a load of different versions out there.

Also what AI traffic package are you using as some come with thier own afcad's which can cause conflicts with addon airports, this is something i have experienced in the past where the afcad supplied with traffic addon would cause a crash due to a conflict.

Hi, well I don't see where it says the cause of it but if you let it restart, then you get the error that says smartassembly.dll couldn't be found but far as the original error which shuts FSX down, Where do I get the info on that error because all I ever see is my screen freeze then FSX shuts off on me & I believe only I see then is that FSX shut down & will restart..

I've tried those AIautomationcore.dll from vista 32 version that they said was the right one to have & I still get kicked off at random times..

Also I am running Ultimate Traffic 2

With your addon combination you run a serious risk of an OOM. Watch the size of your fsx.exe from the task monitor and try the same flight with lower scenery settings.

No offense but if downgrade the scenery than whats the sense of having any good scenery.. That's the reason we buy scenery is to have it look life like..

I have on FSX all the AI traffic turned off, I use UT2 traffic only, I have zero ground traffic at the airport. I have outside airport ground traffic set only at 50%.. I use GSX for Airport use traffic..

Its never said screen not responding.. It just the screen freezes for a min & then usually it kicks me off but its never said screen not responding..

Screen not responding error can be because of:

1) Scenery Error (causing a crash at a specific point) or AI traffic bgls.

2) UiAnimationCore problem. (I suggest removing ALL traces of this off your computer. It works for me, never had an issue with this anymore).

3) OOM.

I suggest you start by uninstalling FT Tampa to rule out its a scenery problem.

Smartassembly.dll is to do with simconnect. As UT2 uses simconnect, you could try and diisable it in the DLL.xml and EXE.xml. Even though you have ai traffic disabled within UT2, it is still loaded in FSX.Just for trouble shooting purposes. Also would not hurt to disable Tampa in the scenery lib for the purpose of trouble shooting as well. You do not need to uninstall it.

No offense but if downgrade the scenery than whats the sense of having any good scenery.. That's the reason we buy scenery is to have it look life like..

I have on FSX all the AI traffic turned off, I use UT2 traffic only, I have zero ground traffic at the airport. I have outside airport ground traffic set only at 50%.. I use GSX for Airport use traffic..

That information does help a lot, thanks.

FSX is a 32bit application that simply can't, under any circumstances, use more than 4GB of memory (not even on 64bit systems). If that limit is reached FSX just has to fail (sometimes even earlier).

Just gather the size of your fsx.exe while performing your flight. So we may be able to exclude an OOM from the possible causes. If an OOM is ruled out, that should ease any worries concerning lower scenery settings.

All AI textures are 'fed' from your VAS - no matter whether air traffic, ground traffic or sea traffic.

A nice, balanced, realistic setting for all those sliders is in the 15-20% range (25% usually don't hurt much, either).

A number of addons introduce additional traffic (more than the default amount) into FSX. This is true for the addon AI airplane traffic in particular, but can also apply to scenery/airport addons, which increase road and/or sea traffic.

A 100% setting for addon traffic can easily equal an (otherwise impossible) default traffic setting of 400%! (just to give some explanation for the recommended around-20%-traffic settings)

• Aerosoft

We are pushing FSX to the limit many times and we have to start accepting that running all bits at max setting is simply not technically possible. I am testing some new projects here that use so much memory that they simply will not run together.

Archived