Rudder movement on ground

Swordfish

Hi,

To move the rudders I use the numerical keyboard, with all default fsx settings, because my joystick hasn't the possibility to configure for rudder movement.

In all default planes the rudder work normally but with airbus x ext. it doesn't work. It seems that they move, but it looks like they are 'shaking'. Because of this it's impossible to move the airplane on the ground. With my joystick I only can turn using the ailerons, but that's not the way it should go.

Does anybody recognize my problem?

Björn

It's completely normal, and caused because of the custom FBW system in the Airbus X A320/321.
Solutions for this are to
1. Use an axis for the rudder, doesn't have to be a joystick one. You can even map "mouse yoke" to be your rudder axis in FSX.
2. Use auto rudder. But bare in mind you have to select it both in FSX settings and Airbus X A320/321 right MCDU.

• Aerosoft

Indeed Adrijan, but for everybody, do read the system requirements when you order something:

System requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control

Thanks gentleman for your quick replies.

I always wanted to buy a better joystick.

Is there a good joystick to fly the aero soft airbus with, could you please recommend one for me?

Thanks,

Björn

Thanks gentleman for your quick replies.

I always wanted to buy a better joystick.

Is there a good joystick to fly the aero soft airbus with, could you please recommend one for me?

Thanks,

Björn

Thrustmaster Hotas X.

Hello there,

In Windows 8 there is an issue where the joystick randomly disconnects (has nothing to do with you I know)

Now, this usually happens after arrival for me. So what i do to taxi is I use my Xbox controller. Maybe you have one...just a suggestion.

Julian thanks for your suggestion, but I really like 'as real as it gets' and that's not taxiing with a Xbox controller :-) Thanks anyway!

Of course I love the joystick Mathijs recommends but I think that's hardware for real hardcore flightsimmers....

Today I ordered the Logitech extreme 3D pro, hopefully I made a good decision.

Thank you gentleman !

Björn

Hello there,

In Windows 8 there is an issue where the joystick randomly disconnects (has nothing to do with you I know)

Now, this usually happens after arrival for me. So what i do to taxi is I use my Xbox controller. Maybe you have one...just a suggestion.

Hi

this is not an Airbus X problem !!!

This is an incompatibility problem between Windows 8 and many types of Joystick ( Saitek, Sidewinder etc ).

This problem till now hasn't a solution.

If you search for this in Internet, there are a lot of post from all the world :byesad_s:

Hi

this is not an Airbus X problem !!!

This is an incompatibility problem between Windows 8 and many types of Joystick ( Saitek, Sidewinder etc ).

This problem till now hasn't a solution.

If you search for this in Internet, there are a lot of post from all the world :byesad_s:

Thank you. But believe me...I know ;)

Thats not 100% correct...there is a workaround for it by assigning the Joystick axis via FSUIPC.

Never ever again had my joystick disconnect from FSX in Win8 since i did that.

Archived