Airbus X Extended now called Aerosoft Airbus X A320/321

• Aerosoft

It's always rather dangerous to rename a product in mid flight but we are forced to do so because the A318/319/330 are coming up. So Airbus X Extended just does not fit anymore. Starting with version 1,10 we'll rename the current Airbus X Extended into Aerosoft Airbus X A320/321. This will make room for the Aerosoft Airbus X A18/310 and Aerosoft Airbus X A330.

So if you see the new name, don't be surprised.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always rather dangerous to rename a product in mid flight but we are forced to do so because the A318/319/330 are coming up. So Airbus X Extended just does not fit anymore. Starting with version 1,10 we'll rename the current Airbus X Extended into Aerosoft Airbus X A320/321. This will make room for the Aerosoft Airbus X A18/310 and Aerosoft Airbus X A330.

So if you see the new name, don't be surprised.

Bears some potential to be confused with the "old" Airbus X. Those were the A320/321 models, too, after all. Must admit, I can't propose anything better/clearer myself, so ... disregard.

Thanks for info.

Forum name will changed now or after sp1?

And we will got one forum for each? Or will be the same forum for all?

Any chance to have a "break" or a "cut" in the forums in order to distinguish between issues before v1.1, and issues after release of v1.1, maybe?

Wait!

How about:

- Aerosoft Airbus Project A320/321,

- Aerosoft Airbus Project A318/319,

- Aerosoft Airbus Project A330?

These are the Aerosoft Airbus projects, after all ...

Or Airbus X Edition.

Or just accept what's been decided?

Or are we to have a 20 page topic on alternate suggestions now? :lazy_s:

I'm fine with any confusion of AXE with AX. I don't have to bear those consequences ...

Or Airbus X Edition.

Edition would a very good generic term to cover all three projects at once. Unfortunately the abbreviation for it would be AXE again?!?

• Aerosoft

Thanks for info.

Forum name will changed now or after sp1?

And we will got one forum for each? Or will be the same forum for all?

I changed it just now.

I do like the idea of 'resetting' the forum (perhaps closing all posts?) to start out with a more or less clean slate with version 1.10, let me consider that.

I think at least closing all old topic's and tag them with v1.0 might be a good idea, or create a subforum and dump all the outdated v1.0 topics in there.

Deleting may not be a very good idea since there is still relevant information that can be found trought a search or so.

It's always rather dangerous to rename a product in mid flight

On board flight AXE:

Captain: "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Please be advised that our flight callsign will change from AXE to AXA320/321. I'll talk to you further in the flight more precisely upon 1.10 release. Please keep your seat belt fastened as we are going full thrust towards SP1. Thank You!"

:D

On board flight AXE:

Captain: "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Please be advised that our flight callsign will change from AXE to AXA320/321. I'll talk to you further in the flight more precisely upon 1.10 release. Please keep your seat belt fastened as we are going full thrust towards SP1. Thank You!"

:D

As we were on approach already, I guess full thrust means a go around then? :P

I changed it just now.

I do like the idea of 'resetting' the forum (perhaps closing all posts?) to start out with a more or less clean slate with version 1.10, let me consider that.

Mathijs, you forget something... :P

cd0ba7f92aa91456e07bdfe2a2b2faac.png

What happens with the description entry for every livery out there, for the 5 current aircraft models?

It contains the phrase "Airbus X Extended".

The 5 aircraft.cfg files can be easily changed with a text editor (find & replace), but what happens with the readme file within each ZIP of each livery out there? (100s of them)

PS: Unless you do not plan to change the description entries in the aircraft.cfg files.

I do not think it really a good idea to change the name because there are too many things depend and it is too late. This is just a suggestion.

With the Aerosoft Airbus X A318/A319/A330 coming later it is better they change things now before things get really complicated. If the name was left as Airbus X Extended people would not know if Airbus X extended was referring to the A318/A319/A320/A321 or the A330. It would get really messy in the forums.

Roy

Archived