FDC Live Cockpit 2011 with PMDG 747 in FSX

Tight Git

As title, I'm trying to get FDC Live Cockpit 2011 to help me fly the PMDG 747 in FSX.

Specifically, the Virtual Co-Pilot works flaps and gear ok, but only calls (not operates) the Autopilot and auto-brakes, so I have to switch these myself.

Is this correct, please?

Be aware that the 747X is heavily custom-coded while FDC is aimed at reading data from the FSX SDK.

So FDC does NOT have much of a chance to read the position of every knob and switch on your 747X to tell you whether you should act or not.

For a custom-coded copilot you should have a look at the taylor-made FS2Crew version (much more complex, though, and "locked" to a single aircraft).

Having said this, I like my FDC a lot:

- You can run your checklists. Not every single item will be interactive, but the full list is there and you can check the knobs and switches for yourself.

- You get the performance file which tells you when to raise or lower the next notch of flaps (kind of stall protection!)

- Lots of options to configure. Be prepared to develop your own set of checklists, just as rw airlines would develop their own ones from the "template" provided from Boeing!

On the Aerosoft product page, there's a pdf manual freely available for download so you have a chance to check FDC against others before you buy (FS2Crew, MultiCrewEnvironment, for example).

Feel free to come back here and ask something specific. I'm biased towards FDC and have been using it for a number of years. Got this thread bookmarked, now.

Many thanks for your reply.

I used to have an older version of FDC which I used with FS9 and was reasonably certain that most everything worked with the PMDG 747 (my favourite).

I've just spent £2,000 on a new computer specifically to run FSX and so was disappointed to find the latest FDC doesn't seem as good.

Oh well, I suppose it's not beneath the Captain to operate a few switches if it means a happy landing!

Last word must be mine, of course ... ;-)

(...)

I used to have an older version of FDC which I used with FS9 and was reasonably certain that most everything worked with the PMDG 747 (my favourite).

(...)

All the "official" addon checklists can be found in the file library of flightsim.com

Searching for 'fdc' should give you all the FDC related files - checklists and performance files alike!

I should have made clear that I've bought the latest version of FDC with the latest version of the PMDG 747, so no updates are required.

Many thanks to all who've replied.

I should have made clear that I've bought the latest version of FDC with the latest version of the PMDG 747, so no updates are required

so what version are you talking about ? the latest version is 3.14 ?

Headline reads FDC2011, so T.G. should have been able to update to 3.14, right?

T.G.:

Not sure which 747 checklists are included with 3.14, so check flightsim.com for the taylor-made PMDG 747 ones. I'm absolutely sure I got special PMDG C/Ls next to those default 747 ones in my installation!

Yes, it's 3.14.

Just to be clear, the VCP reads the checklists but then expects his Captain (me!) to do the switching of altimeter, brakes, etc.

A case for BALPA perhaps? (LOL)

There are a number of options to get the VCP a tad more involved, actually (as can be seen in the corresponding VCP options menu and the manual, thoroughly studied over all those years ... ;-) ).

It all boils down to the question, whether the corresponding aircraft parameters are custom-coded or accessible by FDC.

- L/G: should work fine ("default key")

- flaps: as L/G

- A/P: touch'n'go for addon planes, no chance with PMDG I guess

- brakes: see L/G

- autobrakes: T'n'G

- altimeters: compare flaps

Archived