Skiathos X released! (topic closed)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, here are some spotting perspective shots including the first HD boat models. Take a look around in Google Earth, the airport is surrounded by yards full of boats. Very impressive during approach! :)

post-66739-0-61323500-1366640782_thumb.j

post-66739-0-01663000-1366640784_thumb.j

DANGER, PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM AIRCRAFT BLAST? I think it doesn't matter because the whole island is Hot! Hot! Hot! :flame_s:

One question. Are these the default autogen tree textures? They fit perfectly into the ground with their colors.

Can't wait!

Glad that you like it! Beta v2 started today with tons of improvements. We're really getting there.

Those vegetation is selfmade. We're still trying to find a way to implement it into the installer routine since this is something no Aerosoft Add-On ever included before. And FSX can be very tricky. Not only in this case ;)

Newest feature: Animated birds :)

Would it be possible to add some intelligence to them that they don't fly right into my approach path? I had some birdstrikes approaching some other scenery already or had to go around because of birds riight in front of the runway :D

The houses were the first thing to be shown when the previews started many months ago, but the scenery is almost done now. They were custom designed to fit the scenery. Since these are to be placed in large numbers throughout the island don't expect a tremendous amount of detail and polygons to be allocated to them. (Lars correct me if I'm wrong!) Also since I fly there in real life I can say that they look pretty fine to me when blended with the trees and the rest of the scenery.

Would it be possible to add some intelligence to them that they don't fly right into my approach path? I had some birdstrikes approaching some other scenery already or had to go around because of birds riight in front of the runway :D

Well, those are birds. Unpredictable so I can't guarantee anything ;) Well in fact we have a group of birds passing the approach path very low above the water. No reason to go around but rather spectacular if you ask me!

houses aren't beautiful. I expected better by this scenery.

Excuse me, but this is what I think.

I respect you opinion although I don't share it. What would you like to see improved? I always appreciate any kind of constructive feedback.

The houses were the first thing to be shown when the previews started many months ago, but the scenery is almost done now. They were custom designed to fit the scenery. Since these are to be placed in large numbers throughout the island don't expect a tremendous amount of detail and polygons to be allocated to them. (Lars correct me if I'm wrong!) Also since I fly there in real life I can say that they look pretty fine to me when blended with the trees and the rest of the scenery.

attachicon.gifIMG_0556.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0557.JPG

Indeed, thanks for the statement! We had to use as few polygons as possible since we have around 10.000 houses on the island a simple calculation shows what a detailed house vs. a low poly house would mean for performance. Our original houses had 60 polygons on an average, we baked the details and shadows into the textures and cut the polys down to ten. The 500.000 polys we saved there cover the airport completely resulting in very good framerates. FSX always is a compromise between visuals and performance.

Clement,

Great shots, thank you!

Just an observation, in the first picture there is no aircraft shadow which looks strange. Did you have aircraft shadows turned off?

Thanks again for posting the great pictures :)

Clement,

Great shots, thank you!

Just an observation, in the first picture there is no aircraft shadow which looks strange. Did you have aircraft shadows turned off?

Thanks again for posting the great pictures :)

Yes, I do have Aircraft Shadow turned off in these shots :)

Beautiful!

You can tell that bloke reading the paper isn't into his planes......Either that or page 3 is hot today! :lol:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Beautiful!

You can tell that bloke reading the paper isn't into his planes......Either that or page 3 is hot today! :lol:

Thanks ... lol ... it sure looks like it :)

Archived