How to set up a system with 4 monitors wits airbus x extended

Flying_mouse

I have the problem that I have no idea how to use my 4-screen setup with airbus x extended. I normally use 3 screens for the landscape view and one screen for the instruments. That is done by pulling the 2d-cockpit in the separate screen. In airbus x there is no 2D cockpit panel anymore. If I move the vc to the separate screen it a) looks bad and B) the framerate drops a lot. How can I have a good looking setup with a 3 + 1 monitor system? Your help is much much much appreciated!

• 5 weeks later...

I've found a way to get it, but it have some issues.

You may define the 2D panels by editing the panel.cfg file located in SimObjects/Airplanes/<airbus-model>/Panel. Make a backup of the file and edit it following these instructions.

• In the [Window Titles] section, add the following lines at the end.

Window08=PFD
Window09=ND
Window10=ECAM1
Window11=ECAM2

• After [Window07] section, add the following sections.

[Window08]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=340, 340
position=0
visible=1
ident=oac_pfd

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/Displays!PFD,   0,0,340,340

[Window09]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=340, 340
position=0
visible=1
ident=oac_nd

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI!AB_ND_Gauge,   0,0,340, 340

[Window10]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=340, 340
position=0
visible=1
ident=oac_ecam1

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_ECAMU!ECAM_Upper,   0,0,340,340

[Window11]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=340, 340
position=0
visible=1
ident=oac_ecam2

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_ECAML!ECAM_LowA320   ,0,0,340,340

Now you'll see the 2D panels in the View > Instrument Panels menu.

BUT (yes, there should be a but) ND doesn't work as expected. The rest of the panels work fine. They are XML-based gauges and there is no problem on displaying on a 2D panel. But ND is a C coded gauge, and for reasons I'm not aware of it reflect the following unexpected behavior in my environment (Prepar3D 1.4).

• The gauge is not correctly updated. Don't surprise if you open the panel and there is only a black background. After a while (10-15 seconds) the image will appear. Not a big deal, you could live with that BUT (again) this update lag occurs all the time. Any modification in the ND (mode or range changes) will experiment a random lag between 0 and 10 seconds.
  • The gauge is not correctly dimensioned. It doesn't matter how much you grow the panel size. The contents won't never fill the whole panel. I suspect a implementation problem here: the C code is not taking into account the dimensions specified in the configuration file. It's rendering with a fixed size.
  • The simulator crashes while exiting.

It would be great to have some aid from the development team to fix the issues in ND gauge. This is by far the best Airbus addon in the market nowadays, and we homebrew cockpit builders need the 2D panels in order to use it. Any help on that would be more than appreciated.

I've found a way to get it, but it have some issues.

You may define the 2D panels by editing the panel.cfg file located in SimObjects/Airplanes/<airbus-model>/Panel. Make a backup of the file and edit it following these instructions.

• In the [Window Titles] section, add the following lines at the end.

Window08=PFD
Window09=ND
Window10=ECAM1
Window11=ECAM2

• After [Window07] section, add the following sections.

[Window08]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=340, 340
position=0
visible=1
ident=oac_pfd

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/Displays!PFD,   0,0,340,340

[Window09]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=340, 340
position=0
visible=1
ident=oac_nd

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI!AB_ND_Gauge,   0,0,340, 340

[Window10]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=340, 340
position=0
visible=1
ident=oac_ecam1

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_ECAMU!ECAM_Upper,   0,0,340,340

[Window11]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=340, 340
position=0
visible=1
ident=oac_ecam2

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_ECAML!ECAM_LowA320   ,0,0,340,340

Now you'll see the 2D panels in the View > Instrument Panels menu.

BUT (yes, there should be a but) ND doesn't work as expected. The rest of the panels work fine. They are XML-based gauges and there is no problem on displaying on a 2D panel. But ND is a C coded gauge, and for reasons I'm not aware of it reflect the following unexpected behavior in my environment (Prepar3D 1.4).

• The gauge is not correctly updated. Don't surprise if you open the panel and there is only a black background. After a while (10-15 seconds) the image will appear. Not a big deal, you could live with that BUT (again) this update lag occurs all the time. Any modification in the ND (mode or range changes) will experiment a random lag between 0 and 10 seconds.
  • The gauge is not correctly dimensioned. It doesn't matter how much you grow the panel size. The contents won't never fill the whole panel. I suspect a implementation problem here: the C code is not taking into account the dimensions specified in the configuration file. It's rendering with a fixed size.
  • The simulator crashes while exiting.

It would be great to have some aid from the development team to fix the issues in ND gauge. This is by far the best Airbus addon in the market nowadays, and we homebrew cockpit builders need the 2D panels in order to use it. Any help on that would be more than appreciated.

Hi Alvaro

I have exactly the same symptoms as you except delay display ND.(with FSX)

For a suitable size of ND I write:

[Window08]
size_mm = 750, 400
window_size = 1
position = 8
Background_color = 0,0,0
VISIBLE = 0
ident = PFD

gauge00 =.. / SimObjects / Airplanes / Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base / Panel_Fallback / Displays! PFD, 0,20,340,340
gauge01 =.. / SimObjects / Airplanes / Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base / Panel_Fallback / ND / AB_ND_GDI! AB_ND_Gauge, 390,20,340,340

and I set the screen to 800x600

PFD_ND.jpg

But the readability (brightness) of ND decreases with time!!

I also would like to have an explanation by Joshua

And congratulations to the developers for this Airbus

Michel

• 4 weeks later...

Good news!

I've found a way to make ND work. Just as simple as disabling it in virtual cockpit by commenting the line it's included in panel.cfg.

gauge36=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_MCDU2!MCDU2c,0,0,1,1
gauge37=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FMGS!FMGS1, 711,744,292,274
gauge38=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/Displays!PFD,   1,3,340,340
// gauge39=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI!AB_ND_Gauge, 344,3,340,340
gauge40=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!ASCLS,0,0,1,1
gauge41=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/AsInput!AsInput, 0,0

It seems like the gauge contains some sort of initialization code that prevents it to be loaded twice, as it does when both virtual and 2D cockpits are loaded.

Of course, this workaround makes the gauge unavailable in virtual cockpit, but that's not a big deal if you are outputting the gauge in a external monitor.

Best,

-- Alvaro

THANKS ALOT FOR THIS !!!! ;-)

Finally I can use the Airbus. Already thought it was a waste of money because I thought it couldnt be realised such 2D popups of the ND and PFD.

Just a question for that. Can I disable the PFD, ND, ECAM screens in the VC? So that I only use the 2D popups on my second screen?

Thank you again guys for that tweak,

Nicolas

Nicolas,

I didn't try that, but I'm pretty sure that's possible. Just comment out the lines of the virtual cockpit that include these gauges.

[Vcockpit01]
//file=CAT2D.bmp 
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
zorder=100
pixel_size=1024, 1024
texture=$AB_GAUGES

//gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_ECAML!ECAM_LowA320,346,344,340,340
//gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_ECAML!ECAM_LowA321,346,344,340,340
//gauge01=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_ECAMU!ECAM_Upper,0,344,340,340
gauge02=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!BaroDisp, 822,449, 100, 48
gauge37=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FMGS!FMGS1, 711,744,292,274
// gauge38=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/Displays!PFD,   1,3,340,340
// gauge39=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI!AB_ND_Gauge, 344,3,340,340
gauge40=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!ASCLS,0,0,1,1
gauge61=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!Pushback,0,0,1,1

Could you try and come back to tell how it went?

Best,

-- Alvaro

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to include the ECAM control panel in the 2D lower ECAM window ("the keys with the display")?

I'm not sure how to read the panel.cfg; to me it seems it takes a number of individual control switch "gauges", which have to be properly sized and positioned together with the lower ECAM itself.

Is that correct? Has anyone tried yet?

Thx!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello guys!

In moment i use Wilco because wilco was only one that can separate modules 2D , and i put them in diferents monitors. ( Homecockpit). With this post i will introduce Aerosoft x in my cockpit. One question:

- It is possible view the pedestal and overhead panel in 2d too? like PFD , ND and ECAM?

regards

Frederico

There is no way to have overhead panel and pedestal in a 2D view. As Mathijs suggested, the most you can do is undock additional 3D views of that panel. But that's a performance killer for your graphic system. You'll obtain a very very low framerate.

Another option is to make such panels yourself using XML gauges. Airbus X SDK describes the variables need to do that.

BTW, Mathijs: any chance to have multiple instances of ND? As for the experiments described in this topic, we are able to have one ND gauge, but if we instantiate it several times (either leaving it in the 3D cockpit or in an additional 2D gauge), the new instances don't work (don't refresh properly). Are you aware of this problem? Are you planning to fix it up?

Best,

-- Alvaro

any chance to have multiple instances of ND? As for the experiments described in this topic, we are able to have one ND gauge, but if we instantiate it several times (either leaving it in the 3D cockpit or in an additional 2D gauge), the new instances don't work (don't refresh properly). Are you aware of this problem? Are you planning to fix it up?

I will look into it, but unlikely. We don't support popup gauges at all (aside from the 2D MCDU), as we aren't 100% sure that there will be no side effects on the other systems.

• Aerosoft

There is no way to have overhead panel and pedestal in a 2D view. As Mathijs suggested, the most you can do is undock additional 3D views of that panel. But that's a performance killer for your graphic system. You'll obtain a very very low framerate.

Another option is to make such panels yourself using XML gauges. Airbus X SDK describes the variables need to do that.

BTW, Mathijs: any chance to have multiple instances of ND? As for the experiments described in this topic, we are able to have one ND gauge, but if we instantiate it several times (either leaving it in the 3D cockpit or in an additional 2D gauge), the new instances don't work (don't refresh properly). Are you aware of this problem? Are you planning to fix it up?

Best,

-- Alvaro

I simply do not see a large effect on framerate when I undock vc views. The difference between the image I shown and one without any of the undocked windows was just 5 fps and still left me with 30.

There are no changes planned for the ND, making a second one WILL have a big impact on fps as it is the most demanding display.

I simply do not see a large effect on framerate when I undock vc views. The difference between the image I shown and one without any of the undocked windows was just 5 fps and still left me with 30.

There are no changes planned for the ND, making a second one WILL have a big impact on fps as it is the most demanding display.

Sadly i just flew with the suggestion above...i undocked the VC view with the PFD and ND zoomed in to see them, then tried the ECAMS as well... the flight started OK but then masisve graphical spikes and corruption as the rendering was just too much..and i have a fairly good system... its likie having 3 VC's going at once... i dont kow how you only managed a FPS loss of 5?

I use the panel config tweak to undock the guages and it works much much better and allows me to use to the full my VRInsight FCU...

Sad to hear there will be no fix for pop up gauges but not too worry...i can love with the tweak as it is...

hello guys. I just need to see overhead panel and pedestal when i need push some botons there. in flight they will be closed. i will notice frame rate drop?

cheers

hello guys. I just need to see overhead panel and pedestal when i need push some botons there. in flight they will be closed. i will notice frame rate drop?

cheers

If you switch the views (exchanging a main panel view for an OH panel view) there will be no fps drop. You can achieve this by switching between the pre-defined views F9/F10/F11/F12, for example.

Hello Alvaro i don t understand how we solve the problem with ND delay. i don t understand what is commenting. is replace?

regards,

Frederico

Good news!

I've found a way to make ND work. Just as simple as disabling it in virtual cockpit by commenting the line it's included in panel.cfg.

gauge36=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_MCDU2!MCDU2c,0,0,1,1

gauge38=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/Displays!PFD, 1,3,340,340

gauge41=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/AsInput!AsInput, 0,0

It seems like the gauge contains some sort of initialization code that prevents it to be loaded twice, as it does when both virtual and 2D cockpits are loaded.

Of course, this workaround makes the gauge unavailable in virtual cockpit, but that's not a big deal if you are outputting the gauge in a external monitor.

Best,

-- Alvaro

Hi Alvaro .... the "commenting" simply means putting the following dashes before the line... like this //

Youll notice the other lines dont have that in front just the gauge 39... once you do this then save the file so it doesnt go back to normal..

See how you go

Doug

You can simply undock the views and use them where you like,

ManyPanels.jpg

Mathijs,

Is there a way to save screen layout so everytime you open FSX with this craft, the windows will return to the saved state?

This idea may work nicely for what I want.

Steve

Saving the 2D window layouts works by saving a flight situation the 'default' way - from the FSX menu. After reloading this situation the 2D windows are all back according to the layout you saved.

Haven't tried with multiple VC windows, though.

Saving the 2D window layouts works by saving a flight situation the 'default' way - from the FSX menu. After reloading this situation the 2D windows are all back according to the layout you saved.

Haven't tried with multiple VC windows, though.

Thanks Olli

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello people. I have one problem wit my AXE. When i finish the airbus extended instalation without any problem. When i open airbus extended in FSX the apear without exterior textures. I just see wings, the seats, gears. i can't see whole aircraft.

All another funtions of aircraf are ok.

anyone cam help me with this problem? i just reinstall 2 times.

chears.

Hello. Another question.

How i can tweak the ND display 2d to ajust his size? I can ajust window size but ND remain in same size.

With PFD is all ok; with ECAM1 ECAM2 is all ok. Just ND .

i write this. but don't turn ND suitable.

For a suitable size of ND I write:

[Window08]
size_mm = 750, 400
window_size = 1
position = 8
Background_color = 0,0,0
VISIBLE = 0
ident = PFD

gauge00
=.. / SimObjects / Airplanes / Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base / Panel_Fallback / Displays! PFD, 0,20,340,340
gauge01 =.. / SimObjects / Airplanes / Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base / Panel_Fallback / ND / AB_ND_GDI! AB_ND_Gauge, 390,20,340,340

Archived