Airbus X extended framerate hit?!

F747fly

Hi there,

lately I've had some problems with FSX, it was getting buggy and slow (not very nice when you try to make FSXvideos)

I first thought it was my number of aircraft in my aircraft folder, that wasn't the awnser. than I went back in my memory and started thinking when I installed what aircraft or scenery. The latest being the Airbus X extended, I uninstalled AXe and my FSX worked fine again, the only thing I don't like about my solution is... I don't have AXe anymore installed. my question for the forum is: "can I make airbus x extended make less impact on my FPS?? should I uninstall other aircraft to make more space for AXe or something??"

BTW very nice product, love the aircraft and the sim-model!

/Frits97

This is a bit complex air plane compared to FSX addon. can you give details of your computer. What are the FSX settings you use ? What are addons you use? Have you tried FSX tweaks to increase Frame rates ?. Have you tried a booster software (e.g. Razer game booster) ? There are many things to consider.

Hi there,

lately I've had some problems with FSX, it was getting buggy and slow (not very nice when you try to make FSXvideos)

I first thought it was my number of aircraft in my aircraft folder, that wasn't the awnser. than I went back in my memory and started thinking when I installed what aircraft or scenery. The latest being the Airbus X extended, I uninstalled AXe and my FSX worked fine again, the only thing I don't like about my solution is... I don't have AXe anymore installed. my question for the forum is: "can I make airbus x extended make less impact on my FPS?? should I uninstall other aircraft to make more space for AXe or something??"

BTW very nice product, love the aircraft and the sim-model!

/Frits97

Actually some people have reported better frames when they have turned logging off in the .ini files located.

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended

Also in the FMGS.ini file change HTML_Interface=1 to HTML_Interface=0

See if that helps.

Actually some people have reported better frames when they have turned logging off in the .ini files located.

See if that helps.

This is a bit complex air plane compared to FSX addon. can you give details of your computer. What are the FSX settings you use ? What are addons you use? Have you tried FSX tweaks to increase Frame rates ?. Have you tried a booster software (e.g. Razer game booster) ? There are many things to consider.

thanks I'll try both!!

See if that helps.

Thanks man, it worked, I turned HTML_Interface to 0 and I turned the logging to 0 and AXe runs very smooth!

/Frits97

Hi

Thank you for the information. Just to confirm, for the login=0 to be set on ALL 5 ini files: AirbusXConnectExtended, AsInput, AsInput_Dual, FBW, and FMGS?

Thanks again.

Jead

Hi guys,

before I go changing these settings, what does logging do and what will not be done when I change 1 to 0? I only ask as I seem to running fine with 18-25 fps at the mo and am worried I may make something worse down the line.

I guess I can answer my own q by just trying it but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for the tips btw

Regards

Dave W

Hi guys,

before I go changing these settings, what does logging do and what will not be done when I change 1 to 0? I only ask as I seem to running fine with 18-25 fps at the mo and am worried I may make something worse down the line.

I guess I can answer my own q by just trying it but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for the tips btw

Regards

Dave W

Hi Dave,

All that logging does is transfer debugging information to a .txt file. They aren't very large, and not a lot of text is transferred, but some users have found that disabling the logging increases their FPS a bit. Feel free to experiment with what Shaun suggested, if anything happens or is adverse, then it is as easy as changing that 0 back to a 1 and restarting FSX.

Well frankly I am amazed.....

Chaps, I have not had a chance to do a flight but I did load up the 'Bus at Gatwick (UK2000 extreme) with my usual 50% UT2 traffic REX2.0 and AES running, shift-Z fps was initially averaging 16-20 while panning around the outside of the aircraft. I then shut down FSX and REX. After adjusting the Logging and HTML entries, saved the changes and then re-opening FSX etc and loading the aircraft to the same gate, the shift-Z fps was averaging around 24 and always started with a 2 (ie 20+) and was also rising to the 30s whilst panning around the outside of the aircraft. My guess is this has increased my fps by around 20% and I thought it was quite respectable already, what with all the addons I am running.

Caution! - this is in no way a scientific test and I have not had time to go for a flight with these updated settings, also everyones' system is different, but it does seem to have a positive effect on fps in my case so this is definitely a thumbs up from me!

Thank you guys!

ps, AirbusXFan, no kids in my cockpit - the wife only gets in if she is bringing tea, coffee or a business class meal!!

Dave W

Well frankly I am amazed.....

Chaps, I have not had a chance to do a flight but I did load up the 'Bus at Gatwick (UK2000 extreme) with my usual 50% UT2 traffic REX2.0 and AES running, shift-Z fps was initially averaging 16-20 while panning around the outside of the aircraft. I then shut down FSX and REX. After adjusting the Logging and HTML entries, saved the changes and then re-opening FSX etc and loading the aircraft to the same gate, the shift-Z fps was averaging around 24 and always started with a 2 (ie 20+) and was also rising to the 30s whilst panning around the outside of the aircraft. My guess is this has increased my fps by around 20% and I thought it was quite respectable already, what with all the addons I am running.

Caution! - this is in no way a scientific test and I have not had time to go for a flight with these updated settings, also everyones' system is different, but it does seem to have a positive effect on fps in my case so this is definitely a thumbs up from me!

Thank you guys!

ps, AirbusXFan, no kids in my cockpit - the wife only gets in if she is bringing tea, coffee or a business class meal!!

Dave W

You mean beans on toast really, glad the hints helped.

Hi

The only thing that was affected with me was the Airbus ext Connect. I just changed the values back to 1, only in the FMGS ini file, and all works perfectly well now with a slight improvement on the fps. Thanks.

Jead

• 1 month later...

As far as I am concerned, Airbus X Extended runs smooth as silk in my P3D, with AS2012 injecting the weather. Anyway I might try at least the "HTML_Interface=0" "tweak"...

Archived