Custom TOPCAT AXE Profile

Fabo

Hello,

I created a while ago a custom profile for Aerosoft Airbus X Extended in TOPCAT. This is a new version with augmented weights.

It can load people and stuff, and it will compute CoG and takeoff trim, however:

it CAN NOT load FUEL, I repeat it CAN NOT load FUEL. You HAVE to do that by HAND. The CoG values are correct though.

How to install:
Copy the file to: TOPCAT\Configurations\Airbus A320-214 AXE.txt

How to use:
Load pax and cargo via TOPCAT. You can use Save option without limitation, or Send option, but uncheck Update Fuel Quantity option.

Then when you have loaded Aerosoft A320 in your simulator, go to menu Aircraft/Fuel and payload, and upload fuel manualy. Normal distribution is wings until full, then center.

Note:
Bundled loadmanager tries to load at approximately 25% MAC ZFCG. That is also what Airbus puts in the MCDU by default.

When using this profile, you will regularly see ZFCG of up to 31% and TOCG of up to 36%, in extreme cases even up to 38% and 42%, respectively. This is completely normal. TOPCAT simply uses more aft biased load distribution.
As a result, you will also see trim settings different from default +0.8 and different from whatever you are used to from the 737 and such.

Takeoff trim settings up to 3° nose down are considered acceptable in the Airbus A320. You will typically see something like 1.5DN.

What about 321 also :-)

TOPCAT does not support A321 at this time and it is impossible for user to create a file.

Any other inquiry about A321 should be adressed at Christian Grill or Judith Blashegg directly. (Same applies for loading fuel to AXE via TOPCAT. Currently impossible, any further inquiries to mr. Grill or ms. Blashegg. Perhaps if enough people bother them with fuel they will at least consider taking a look.)

A little bit of both.

To explain:

The Airbus A320 has 5 fuel tanks. A center one, and two in each wing.

The tanks in each wing are interconnected, therefore, to the pilot, they appear as if there was just one single tank, which is how Aerosoft decided to model this.

However, TOPCAT .acft file counts on 5 tanks(two per wing) being defined. If there are only three tanks defined, it seems to be unable to decide how to load fuel, and in the end, load no fuel at all.

• 1 month later...

Guys, how would you use TOPCAT in combination with Aerosoft Airbus X Fuel Planner (HotFix012g)? As you know it also loads fuel and I find it better than going to FSX loader. So, would you open the Planner first, set the payload sliders to 0, load fuel, close the Planner, open TOPCAT and do the rest? Btw, I recall I was able to use TOPCAT on the networked PC with iFly, correct me if I'm wrong TOPCAT also loads via simconnect. Thus I wish I could use Fuel Planner via network, without minimizing main FSX window. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Sabre10.

TOPCAT cannot load fuel to AXE.

With that, TOPCAT does not care where or how do you load your fuel, what is important, that you enter correct total fuel load and trip burn to the W&B window.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to uninstall TOPCAT and lost the AXE profile, and I come back and the file is gone and Fabo's post is crossed out? I'm confused. What happened? Does anyone know where I can get the profile? I looked on TOPCAT's forum as well and the best post there is blocked for me somehow. :confused_s:

I pulled the profile due to behaviour of Flight Sim Soft representative on their forums. I no longer wish to endorse this company.

If you wish to use AXE with TOPCAT, try contacting the company...

I pulled the profile due to behaviour of Flight Sim Soft representative on their forums. I no longer wish to endorse this company.

If you wish to use AXE with TOPCAT, try contacting the company...

Oh okay, I see. I had no idea this happened.

Thank you.

Archived