Managed climb Speed tape V1.04

janekBln

Hello,

in climb on speed tape, the magenta Triangle disappears. If reaching cruise Alt it comes back again.

Second bug on speedtape still exist: in cruise the speed is still slightly below the magenta triangle.

Thx for 1.04 keep up the good work gentleman.

Cheers janek

post-75668-0-17621300-1359135823_thumb.j

We'll check in on that. I haven't personally noticed that but am about to test some new things so I'll happen a look. I'll mark it as open either way for now.

hmmm... cost index 50? change on <50 and check again

Why would that matter? Cost index 50 would give a value of near .78 mach... Airbus can go up to cost index 99 which would give a value of around mach .80 I think?

did they finish the managed modes for (vnav)?......hopefully yes........:-D

Hey now, "new things" could be a new hula dancer bobble head for the glare shield... :D

HulaDancer3_.gif

0.8 It is too much for the aircraft. His speed at FL 0.75-0.78 mach. You try to change and re-check, I'm sure this is not a bug

Maybe it's too much for a cruising speed, but completely within aircraft limits, and it should show up on the speed tape. It is a bug definitely.

It is a bug. And I think it is caused by a fault in the Managed Speed mode. What I think what happens is that the airplane wants to hold the IAS SPEED on the CLB-page f.i. 291/.77 (Cost Index 20) too long. Just doing a flight Zurich-Athens and the magenta triangle indicates 291 knots up to FL350 (CRZ LVL 370). So eventually the magenta triangle ends up in the red tape (somewhere near FL300 or so) because 291 knots at such a level is a way too high MACH number and therefore disappears. However the airplane does fly the correct MACH number, it is not overspeeding. When coming near to CRZ altitude, the SPD FMA changes from THR CLB to MACH and the magenta triangle then appears at the correct position on the speedtape, at .77 more or less. I thought the SPD FMA should switch from THR CLB to SPEED much earlier in the climb? And not switch to MACH only when reaching cruise altitude but where 291 knots is equal to M.77 and at that point IAS should decrease as altitude increases when holding M.77. I hope this makes it more clear. I do not have a screenshot, but I will make one if it occurs on my next flight.

Thahts not correct. Thats only a PFD Display problem, the Airbus climbs and hold 291IAS, above Speed/Mach transition it should hold M.77.

during Climb in Managed Speed and without any CSTR, the FMA display allways THR CLB until ALT* and then the FMA change to SPEED below Speed/Mach transition or MACH above transtion.

I have only the display issue on the PFD; no other problems with Climb ore something

post-10652-0-47881500-1359192780_thumb.j

Thahts not correct. Thats only a PFD Display problem, the Airbus climbs and hold 291IAS, above Speed/Mach transition it should hold M.77.

during Climb in Managed Speed and without any CSTR, the FMA display allways THR CLB until ALT* and then the FMA change to SPEED below Speed/Mach transition or MACH above transtion.

I have only the display issue on the PFD; no other problems with Climb ore something

That's what I said, it does hold the correct speeds and the PFD is wrong yes. So I was wrong about the Managed Speed fault. But i did not say it is overspeeding or having other climb issues.

Archived