Liveries

hipshot845

Hi,

Forgive me, I just can't figure out how to get extra liveries for the Airbus Extended. I'm after the Jetstar A320 livery and I've looked at Holgi's forum and at his website and seen what he offers but just can't seem to find a way to get any. I can't see anywhere on Aerosoft's website either. Could someone please tell me how to do this?

Richard

+1 for me there. there is actually jetstar livery for Airbus X Extended but it's the NEO version. I am not sure why so many liveries is being painted for NEO version when it doesn't really exist yet. Many good liveries are infact available as NEO and not NON NEO.

Thanks

Swadeep

Any repaints made for the NEO version will also work in the A320 CFM version , all that is neccessary is to change two lines in the aurcraft.cfg .

[FLTSIM.0]

title = Airbus A320 NEO

sim = A320S <------ remove S

model =

panel =

sound =

texture = AirbusNeo

kb_checklists = AirbusA321_check

kb_reference = AirbusA321_ref

atc_id = F-WWBA

atc_airline = AIRBUS INDUSTRIES

atc_flight_number =

ui_manufacturer = Airbus

ui_type = A320-214 CFM Sharklets <------ remove Sharklets

ui_variation = AIRBUS

ui_typerole = Commercial Airliner

ui_createdby = Aerosoft

atc_parking_types = GATE

description = Airbus X Extended - A320 CFM NEO / Airbus\nwww.aerosoft.com

The text above is just an example , the lines title / texture and description will ofcourse be different . The textures in the repaint for the Sharklets will not be seen in the sim .

John

EDIT : Any NEO paints will ofcourse have to be placed in the A320 CFM map .

But does anybody at all, anywhere, know how to get any of these extra liveries????????

Richard

Top of the page is a button marked < Downloads > ( http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/ ) , as you are already logged in to be able to post you are also able to visit the download section .

John

John

EDIT : Any NEO paints will ofcourse have to be placed in the A320 CFM map .

hi. thanks for the tip. could you please tell me what do you mean by PLACING IN THE A320CFM map? Forgive me for asking. Do you mean in the A320CFM texture folder?

thanks

swadeep

The map texture.????? NEO that you want to use has to be placed in the A320 CFM map as the NEO version uses CFM engines .The textures are just put into the correct ( in this case A320 CFM - instead of A320 CFM NEO ) map as you would for any textures you are adding . The only changes you have to make are to do with the aircraft.cfg .

Because you want to use the NEO textures for the normal A320 you will have to install the textures manually as the installer supplied by Aerosoft will place the textures in the A320 CFM NEO map .

John

ok i get what you're saying now. thanks very much for your help :) the thing is Jetstar 320 neo uses CFM engines but the normal 320 uses IAE engines. I could just post it in the IAE folder but since the engines shape are not the same, would this cause a problem when showing textures? i assume it probably will.

thanks

swadeep

That is correct . You could make your own textures for the IAE enginges .

Have you looked in the downloads section here at Aerosoft ? There might be a Jetstar for the AirbusX there and that can also be used in the Extended . In another topic there is an explanation on what needs to be done for it to work .

John

That is correct . You could make your own textures for the IAE enginges .

Have you looked in the downloads section here at Aerosoft ? There might be a Jetstar for the AirbusX there and that can also be used in the Extended . In another topic there is an explanation on what needs to be done for it to work .

John

thanks very for your help. i really appreciate it. would you please direct me to the link that explains how to make airbus x livery work with extended please? would really be kind of you.

thanks

swadeep

Take a look at any file from Holgi that is made for both Airbus X and Airbus X Extended, you will see an extra folder with Extended textures. You would just copy those textures from a different repaint (Jetstar NEO, for example) and that should be enough.

Any repaints made for the NEO version will also work in the A320 CFM version , all that is neccessary is to change two lines in the aurcraft.cfg.

[FLTSIM.0]

title = Airbus A320 NEO

sim = A320S <------ remove S

model =

panel =

sound =

texture = AirbusNeo

kb_checklists = AirbusA321_check

kb_reference = AirbusA321_ref

atc_id = F-WWBA

atc_airline = AIRBUS INDUSTRIES

atc_flight_number =

ui_manufacturer = Airbus

ui_type = A320-214 CFM Sharklets <------ remove Sharklets

ui_variation = AIRBUS

ui_typerole = Commercial Airliner

ui_createdby = Aerosoft

atc_parking_types = GATE

description = Airbus X Extended - A320 CFM NEO / Airbus\nwww.aerosoft.com

The text above is just an example , the lines title / texture and description will ofcourse be different . The textures in the repaint for the Sharklets will not be seen in the sim .

John

EDIT : Any NEO paints will ofcourse have to be placed in the A320 CFM map.

Are you sure that is valid?

With any sharklet paint I try I get a completely black plane:

post-71172-0-61208800-1359392110_thumb.j

Besides, if I compare any CFM paint with any sharklet paint, there are several files with different names in the directories.

PS: Dear Aerosoft,

It would be nice to know, if this can be done, by renaming some files in each directory (and which files of course, to what new names).

Yes, you need to rename the files, just look at how the CFM repaint textures are named, and change the names in NEO repaint. Sorry about the confusion.

Sorry about that , I didn't notice that NEO had been added to the titles . If you remove that from the name of each texture sheet then it will work .

I am surprised none of the developers picked up on this . Explains why there are so many paintkits even though there are very little differences between the models themselves .

The NOSE and TAIL sections are the same for all models but for example the A320 models have 320 in the title .

John

John

Did another try.

Renamed all files that seem to refer to the same aircraft section.

There are still some files that remain different. Below is a diff file of those filenames. On the left column (starting with an ">"), files that exist only on A320-CFM-Sharklets->converted-to->A320-CFM paints, and on the right (no ">"), files that exist only on A320-CFM paints.

> AIRBUS_EX320NEO_INTERIOR_C.dds

> AIRBUS_EX320NEO_INTERIOR_L.dds

> AIRBUS_EX320NEO_INTERIOR_L(less orange).dds

> AIRBUS_EX_MASTERSPEC_S.dds

AIRBUS_FCUPLASTICKNOBS_C.dds

AIRBUS_FCUPLASTICKNOBS_L.dds

I did the test with Holgi's American Airlines A320-CFM-Sharklet paint, and it seems to be working properly:

post-71172-0-35645300-1359469568_thumb.j

However I did not load the plane, to go around it in external views, or see if something was missing in the virtual cockpit.

What will be the consequences because of these few different files?

Judging from the names, I assume no cabin lighting from external views, during dusk/night/dawn?

PS: What surprises me is that the wingtip fences seem to be coloured correctly, although it is an element not existing on sharklet models (since the sharklets occupy their place).

Sorry about that , I didn't notice that NEO had been added to the titles . If you remove that from the name of each texture sheet then it will work .

I am surprised none of the developers picked up on this . Explains why there are so many paintkits even though there are very little differences between the models themselves .

The NOSE and TAIL sections are the same for all models but for example the A320 models have 320 in the title .

John

Well, it is a bit curious, but I am sure there were reasons that this style was used.

John

Did another try.

Renamed all files that seem to refer to the same aircraft section.

There are still some files that remain different. Below is a diff file of those filenames. On the left column (starting with an ">"), files that exist only on A320-CFM-Sharklets->converted-to->A320-CFM paints, and on the right (no ">"), files that exist only on A320-CFM paints.

> AIRBUS_EX320NEO_INTERIOR_C.dds

> AIRBUS_EX320NEO_INTERIOR_L.dds

> AIRBUS_EX320NEO_INTERIOR_L(less orange).dds

> AIRBUS_EX_MASTERSPEC_S.dds

AIRBUS_FCUPLASTICKNOBS_C.dds

AIRBUS_FCUPLASTICKNOBS_L.dds

The ">" files are referenced to fallback folders in non-neo variants, will be called from there, so it will work OK.

The other two files preserve compatibility with non-extended A320, so you should not be concerned.

I did the test with Holgi's American Airlines A320-CFM-Sharklet paint, and it seems to be working properly:

However I did not load the plane, to go around it in external views, or see if something was missing in the virtual cockpit.

What will be the consequences because of these few different files?

Judging from the names, I assume no cabin lighting from external views, during dusk/night/dawn?

No consequences. Unless you rename the ">" files, the model will call the textures from reference folders, as if they were in texture.whatever folder. This is a MASSIVE improvement over FS9 in disk space requirements and more. In case of the A320, it makes for almost 70mb saved on every repaint. That would mean over 1gb if you just had 3 repaints per variant. Nonwithstanding other advantages.

PS: What surprises me is that the wingtip fences seem to be coloured correctly, although it is an element not existing on sharklet models (since the sharklets occupy their place).

These are planted on a different place in the texture sheet. This may or may not be Holgis intention, or just pure dumb luck. Either way - it works!

The FCUPLASTICKNOBS refer to the VC textures for the AirbusX and are redundant in the Extended version and can be removed .

Although I cannot speak for Holgi I assume that the repaint ( and any others you may want to convert ) was originally made for the " normal " version so the wingtip fences were painted for that model . The sharklet textures are situated in the AFT and WANNE texture sheets and do not affect the exterior model when placed in the A320 CFM folder .

As Fabo points out any textures that are " missing " will be taken from the Base textures folder and any textures with different names will be ignored ( as seen by your black Airbus ) .The same thing applies to the CFM and IAE engines as there are different names for the texture sheets but you can place both in one folder with no effect .

At the moment I am working on a couple of paints where the airline has both CFM and IAE engines in it's fleet and ( as a painter ) it's a quick method to check the repaint ( viewed in FS Repaint ) .

John

Archived