*REAL* A320 V-SPEED Booklet

SgtBel4

Wanted to Share the attached files. This is a Real A320 V-Speed booklet. Enjoy! :excellenttext_s:

I don't know where you got it, but a few remarks;

- first of all the green dot speeds seem low (0-speed), as with 77T it should be close to 240 kts (A320 CFM) iso 212kts.

- Especially the 1-speed (S-speed) seem dangerously low. Again with 77T it should be around 210kts iso 174kts.

- Takeoff speeds depend mostly on FLEX temp, runway length, altitude, temperature and pressure. This is all not taken into account.

This makes this quite useless I think.

Sorry Airbusguy320, I think you have been misinformed. Takeoff, or more accuratly, Vr speed, is primarily a factor of weight and flaps, with an adjustment for pressure altitude, and this is exactly what this booklet provides. The other factors you mention influence engine power and so affect how long it takes to reach Vr. So if you are on a runway with limiting conditions, you take the figures from this booklet and adjust V1 (your abort speed) downwards accordingly.

So yes, this booklet is very useful.

First of all:this is not a "speed book",this an RTLOW chart,which is definitly wrong,cause vspeeds depend on rwy slope,rwy elevation,airport altitude,rwy conditions,ac engine type(cfm or iae),wind,tempreture,pressure,bleed packs,anti ice and . . .

This was IAE engines. In future based on the number of negative comments I will keep my sharing to myself. Happy hunting best luck with those speed books. Mathijs sorry for sharing!

Wanted to Share the attached files. This is a Real A320 V-Speed booklet. Enjoy! :excellenttext_s:

Indeed, another thank you for sharing this. Don't let it get to you.

I too enjoy all these manuals - as a geek I enjoy reading them and I take a view as to whether to incorporate them into my simming. There will always be dissenting voices who claim to be experts but please do not let them put you off!

Thanks for posting

regards

Dave W

First of all:this is not a "speed book",this an RTLOW chart,which is definitly wrong,cause vspeeds depend on rwy slope,rwy elevation,airport altitude,rwy conditions,ac engine type(cfm or iae),wind,tempreture,pressure,bleed packs,anti ice and . . .

Aaarrrgggghhhh!! You just don't get it, do you?

Vr and V2 depend on weight, flaps and Pressure Altitude. Nothing else. This booklet gives Vr and V2 based on weight, flaps and helps you adjust for pressure alt. So the values this booklet gives are correct and useful.

V1 is an abort speed. It must be less then Vr for pretty obvious reasons. This booklet gives the MAXIMUM V1 that you can use. So again, the values this book gives are correct and useful.

You might need to consider reducing V1 to a value lower then the one given in this book if certain factors exist, but in the vast majority of cases, you will lower your flex setting instead so that you can use the V1 given by this booklet. If you have no flex left, and your V1 is still questionable, you have bigger problems, and will probably need to consider off loading weight.

Vr and V2 depend on weight, flaps and Pressure Altitude. Nothing else.

Incorrect. FLX has a very big effect on VR and V2 (at least on the A320).

Here's a comparison for a conf 3 take off at 66t on a 3500m runway:

64° FLX V1 145, VR 147, V2 149

NO FLX V1111, VR 125, V2 130

This posted speedbooklet has some strange speeds and it doesn't differentiate between maneuvering and approach speeds

e.g. the flap 0 speed for 66t is quoted with 198kts. This is neither green dot (217kts) nor the approach speed without flaps/slats (186kts)

Nevertheless thanx for sharing of course and e.g. the approach speed with conf full and V2 are correct

Archived