MCE Voice Control for Airbus X Extended released!

FS++

Congratulation to Aerosoft for making this bird one of the easiest to interface without SDK.

You obviously are aware that they provide a virtual first officer too.

For most people the built-in FO will do just fine.

What we are offering here is the opportunity to interact with FO via voice.

It will appeal mostly to, has been, is, or the wannabe pilot.

You can trigger procedure flows, ask FO to dial a specific item on autopilot or radio panels.

Although not recorded in the vid below, you can also talk to Native ATC, RC4 as well as Pro Flight Emulator ATC systems. That makes it the most complete Multi Crew Experience ever simulated.

Works with old bus too.

http://youtu.be/b7M5NvOOCbQ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulation to Aerosoft for making this bird one of the easiest to interface without SDK.

You obviously are aware that they provide a virtual first officer too.

For most people the built-in FO will do just fine.

What we are offering here is the opportunity to interact with FO via voice.

It will appeal mostly to, has been, is, or the wannabe pilot.

You can trigger procedure flows, ask FO to dial a specific item on autopilot or radio panels.

Although not recorded in the vid below, you can also talk to Native ATC, RC4 as well as Pro Flight Emulator ATC systems. That makes it the most complete Multi Crew Experience ever simulated.

Works with old bus too.

I have been using MCE for a while now and enjoy using it. I also am enjoying the Aerosoft Airbus X.

Am I right in thinking the latest MCE which will integrate and work specifically with the Airbus is not yet available?

I have been using MCE for a while now and enjoy using it. I also am enjoying the Aerosoft Airbus X.

Am I right in thinking the latest MCE which will integrate and work specifically with the Airbus is not yet available?

Affirmative, it will be a free upgrade for you. ETA Friday 25 JAN.

The latest official release on website doesn't have interfacing for the AXE enabled.

If you can't wait, request the link to the most recent package that handles Airbus X from support.

Thanks

Affirmative, it will be a free upgrade for you. ETA Friday 25 JAN.

The latest official release on website doesn't have interfacing for the AXE enabled.

If you can't wait, request the link to the most recent package that handles Airbus X from support.

Thanks

Thanks very much for the info. I will contact sales/support.

FS++ are you using this in combination with GSX?

It looked familiar but I didn't see you pull up a GSX menu.

We didn't mke this vid.

It was done by William, a.k.a Will269, a customer who loves running the most recent builds. He is also a genuine flight simulator addict. A big thank you to him. All we know, it was shot in P3D.

I will let him elaborate on the vid.

Hi Folks..... Ol' Blackbird has landed just for a moment - with a message for my "friends" over at MultiCrewXP......

Thanks again, Gerald (and Ben). The latest version of MCE works very well indeed with the new Aerosoft Airbus Extended.

Though I can't comment on all the checklists, etc. (cause I haven't used any today) - the operation of MCE with the Airbus was flawless for me. Very enjoyable.

I do have one question (comment?) for you - when I say "gear up" or "raise the gear" nothing happens; but if I say "retract gear" or "retract landing gear" the landing gear immediately comes up. Can I not say "gear up" any more? I thought I could - maybe I'm not remembering correctly - my old mind is not what it used to be.

So - to summarize - it works great!! Makes this wonderful bird even more enjoyable! :bow_down2_s:

Thank you very much!

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

P.S. - not to change the subject (too much) - @ Aerosoft - the latest patches have really settled the Airbus down - much better autopilot "smoothness". Kudos to the whole Team!! Keep it going!!!!

I made the video, and to be honest, I didn't use ALL the commands available.

The great thing about MCE is, all the stuff I got the first officer to do, I can get him to do via voice.... For example, in one of the flows, he turns on the PFD and the ND.

If I don't want my first officer to do a flow, I simply don't ask for him to do so, I can have him there and I do everything myself or I ask him to do only the switches I want... In this case, all I do is say "PFD to ON" or "Turn ON PFD", etc and he does it.

A flow is simply a collection of voice commands, as you also noticed, the checklists are not the ones from Aerosoft, some were changed, you can change individual responses or entire checklists, totally design it the way you want it. It is simply the most versatile voice program out there, it also interacts with AES, with GSX, with RADAR CONTACT 4, default ATC, etc etc.

This program also runs outside your simulator, so it does not use any of the FSX virtual memory. If the voice engine ever crashes, simply restart it without having to restart FSX and it continues from where you left off.

Makes my flights with the Simcheck A300 and the AXE all the more pleasurable!

Hi Folks..... Ol' Blackbird has landed just for a moment - with a message for my "friends" over at MultiCrewXP......

Thanks again, Gerald (and Ben). The latest version of MCE works very well indeed with the new Aerosoft Airbus Extended.

Though I can't comment on all the checklists, etc. (cause I haven't used any today) - the operation of MCE with the Airbus was flawless for me. Very enjoyable.

I do have one question (comment?) for you - when I say "gear up" or "raise the gear" nothing happens; but if I say "retract gear" or "retract landing gear" the landing gear immediately comes up. Can I not say "gear up" any more? I thought I could - maybe I'm not remembering correctly - my old mind is not what it used to be.

So - to summarize - it works great!! Makes this wonderful bird even more enjoyable! :bow_down2_s:

Thank you very much!

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

P.S. - not to change the subject (too much) - @ Aerosoft - the latest patches have really settled the Airbus down - much better autopilot "smoothness". Kudos to the whole Team!! Keep it going!!!!

Thanks for feedback Blackbird

No, nothing has changed in this regard.

Gear commands apply to all aircraft. It's probably just a badly calibrated mike. The speech engine is usually better at recognizing longer sentences than short ones.

To retract gear, all these will do

gear up

retract gear

gear retract

raise gear

retract the landing gear

raise the landing gear

the landing gear up

positive rate gear up

positive rate gears up

positive climb gear up

positive climb gears up

landing gear up

the gear up

retract the gear

landing gear retract

raise the gear

raise landing gear

Hello.

Great product this one.

Its possible to apply the commands with keys?

Regards,

Galaio

Not sure I follow...

Could you explain what you'd like to achieve?

Thanks

Thanks for feedback Blackbird

No, nothing has changed in this regard.

Gear commands apply to all aircraft. It's probably just a badly calibrated mike. The speech engine is usually better at recognizing longer sentences than short ones.

To retract gear, all these will do

gear up

retract gear

gear retract

raise gear

retract the landing gear

raise the landing gear

the landing gear up

positive rate gear up

positive rate gears up

positive climb gear up

positive climb gears up

landing gear up

the gear up

retract the gear

landing gear retract

raise the gear

raise landing gear

Good morning, Gerald...... The Ol'......well, you know the rest! Haa haa!

Thanks for the reply - I thought so - you know what? I'll try it some more - maybe re-cal my mike (headset - a Razer Carcharias). I'll also try saying it different speeds, etc.

It's all good!!

Have a great day..... Thanks again!

All best,

Ray L (Blackbird)

Not sure I follow...

Could you explain what you'd like to achieve?

Thanks

Its possible to perform the checklits by keyboard combinations? Or mce only work with voice inputs?

Regards,

Galaio

I made the video, and to be honest, I didn't use ALL the commands available.

The great thing about MCE is, all the stuff I got the first officer to do, I can get him to do via voice.... For example, in one of the flows, he turns on the PFD and the ND.

If I don't want my first officer to do a flow, I simply don't ask for him to do so, I can have him there and I do everything myself or I ask him to do only the switches I want... In this case, all I do is say "PFD to ON" or "Turn ON PFD", etc and he does it.

A flow is simply a collection of voice commands, as you also noticed, the checklists are not the ones from Aerosoft, some were changed, you can change individual responses or entire checklists, totally design it the way you want it. It is simply the most versatile voice program out there, it also interacts with AES, with GSX, with RADAR CONTACT 4, default ATC, etc etc.

This program also runs outside your simulator, so it does not use any of the FSX virtual memory. If the voice engine ever crashes, simply restart it without having to restart FSX and it continues from where you left off.

Makes my flights with the Simcheck A300 and the AXE all the more pleasurable!

Good morning, William.......(or should I say.....my MCE F.O.) :bow_down2_s:

First of all.......thanks for making the video showing the capability of this great software. I so want to do the same, but don't really have the knowledge - also, I don't think my puny 3.0 Ghz machine would be able to!! Haa ha!)

Thanks for all you've done to help get the word out about this terrific software. You also did a great job with the voiceover recordings used in the MCE program - so you are now my choice as F.O. (Sorry, no pay increase, though!!! Grin).

I am really hoping Gerald will interface this software with the new ProATC/X. They would be amazing together. (Just like MCE and the new Airbus - another amazing achievement by Aerosoft).

Ok - I've taken enough of your time......enjoy the day (or night).

All best,

Ray L. (The Ol' Blackbird)

Its possible to perform the checklits by keyboard combinations? Or mce only work with voice inputs?

Regards,

Galaio

MCE is strictly voice input.

However it has a modular design. If you want to use the built-in AXE checklist feature you can do so. Just disable the MCE checklist feature.

MCE is strictly voice input.

However it has a modular design. If you want to use the built-in AXE checklist feature you can do so. Just disable the MCE checklist feature.

Ok, no probl. Considering to buy MCE when AXE support released.

Regards,

Galaio

Regards,

Galaio

Hi FS++,

Recently I tired to install the demo version of MCE for my FSX. But when I start FSX, an error message comes saying that 'Fsinsider fsInsider.dll' isn't at the FSX folder. I copied and pasted it from the installing folder but still the error persists. What should I do?

Rahal, after you installed, and before you run the simulator for the first time, you must run the App Wizard so it sets up all the DLL files.

MCE does not run inside fSX, does not modify any fsx cfg files or aircraft files, it just needs a few dlls added to the root folder so they communicate with the program.

If this doesn't work, just send an email to support and they will help you with the demo.

Hi FS++,

Recently I tired to install the demo version of MCE for my FSX. But when I start FSX, an error message comes saying that 'Fsinsider fsInsider.dll' isn't at the FSX folder. I copied and pasted it from the installing folder but still the error persists. What should I do?

Hi,

As Will269 suggested, you need to run the application wizard at some stage.

To make sure the installation is OK.

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings. Answer "Yes" when prompted.

Next time you run MCE, the application wizard (a separate app) will kick-in. It will set everything required automatically.

At some stage when FSX loads there will be a prompt to authorize fsInsider.dll to run inside. Make sure you do.

Hi,

As Will269 suggested, you need to run the application wizard at some stage.

To make sure the installation is OK.

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings. Answer "Yes" when prompted.

Next time you run MCE, the application wizard (a separate app) will kick-in. It will set everything required automatically.

At some stage when FSX loads there will be a prompt to authorize fsInsider.dll to run inside. Make sure you do.

Thank you for your support.

but after installing when I start FSX it just crashes to desk top. I will contact the support

Archived