AXE Problem: Fly-Over-Waypoints

Martin Müller

Hello!

A problem I noticed since the first AXE version is handeling of "Fly-Over-Waypoint's". I think this feature is not corrct implemented and results in wrong curves.

An "fly-over-waypoint" does not mean, that the turn starts after overflying it, but it means the turn must start exactly at this waypoint!

Hello!

A problem I noticed since the first AXE version is handeling of "Fly-Over-Waypoint's". I think this feature is not corrct implemented and results in wrong curves.

An "fly-over-waypoint" does not mean, that the turn starts after overflying it, but it means the turn must start exactly at this waypoint!

We implement it the way it is implemented in the real FMGS. No questions there.

Unless again, you got real world material to proof otherwise. It can indeed generate some weird curves but overfly waypoints is just simply overflying that waypoint.

At "fly-over-waypoints", the aircraft must start the turn exactly @ this waypoint an NOT after complete overflying it.

At normal waypoints, the aircraft must start the turn BEFORE reaching the waypoint, regarding to aircraft speed and angle to next waypoint, to intercept the next leg as smooth as possible.

At "fly-over-waypoints", the aircraft must start the turn exactly @ this waypoint an NOT after complete overflying it.

At normal waypoints, the aircraft must start the turn BEFORE reaching the waypoint, regarding to aircraft speed and angle to next waypoint, to intercept the next leg as smooth as possible.

post-27228-0-02514500-1358412872_thumb.p

What you see here is from the FCOM. As you can see, our overfly is implemented like in the manuals.

Hi Joshua,

excuse me to ask a maybe stupid question, but the Overfly pushbutton at the MCDU is not modeld to work, or?

I am aware its not working on the 2D MCDU, but its working in the VC.

Thnak for the picture Joshua. Are this real world airbus pictures?

It's from the FCOM, it has to be for real xD

Do you hold any intentions to implement it into the 2D MCDU?

Not that we can't live without it, just asking :)

Do you hold any intentions to implement it into the 2D MCDU?

Not that we can't live without it, just asking :)

Would be great to see it working in the 2D MCDU, because I normally undock it and use it on a small touchscreen...

post-27228-0-02514500-1358412872_thumb.p

What you see here is from the FCOM. As you can see, our overfly is implemented like in the manuals.

Hello,

one question: I do not have an OVFY-button modelled in my VC as far as I can see... Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Dennis

Archived