Very low FPS

Dean33

On 'normal/high' settings I get good frame rates and performance on 737 ngx and all other FSX aircraft. (15 to 20 fps)

With Airbus Extended I have turned all settings to minimal. I changed the FMCS fields to 0 and 0.

My frame rates at FSX EDDF are a maximum of 4.

So when I take off the aircraft rocks and crashes.

I can't see anything else on this forum

i3, M330 2.13 ghz, 8gb ram, Windows 7 64bit.

Back to the hanger ??

Thanks.

There must be something wrong with your installation if that is the case. You should see well above NGX rates with the Extended.

I notice your system specs fall below the system requirements on the product page:

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D

Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)

3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)

2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)

3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)

Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control

Download-Size: 950 MB

Installations-Size: 1,8 GB

That can get you in to trouble as well.

• Aerosoft

On 'normal/high' settings I get good frame rates and performance on 737 ngx and all other FSX aircraft. (15 to 20 fps)

With Airbus Extended I have turned all settings to minimal. I changed the FMCS fields to 0 and 0.

My frame rates at FSX EDDF are a maximum of 4.

So when I take off the aircraft rocks and crashes.

I can't see anything else on this forum

i3, M330 2.13 ghz, 8gb ram, Windows 7 64bit.

Back to the hanger ??

Thanks.

The Airbus is more demanding on the CPU because it needs to handle the FBW system at every frame. On your CPU, below the requirements, that clearly causes issues. The drop in FPS seems extreme though. Not sure why that is. I do recommend you check out the system requirements next time, we really try make them as realistic as possible.

By the way - I love the new checklist automations!

Is dual core 2.13 ghz not sufficient or equivalent to 3 ghz.

Should I try reinstalling 1.03b?

Dean33

Re-installing will not change anything. What you could do is overclock the CPU even a modest gain could get you over the threshold and the CPU will be able to keep up.

Thanks Mathijs

Overclock.net says "Overclocking on a laptop is a very bad idea. Laptops are not designed with the best cooling methods and overclocking the processor adds extra heat to the system that it is not designed to dispose of. I say do not overclock it."

I have reviewed the available notebook computers and only the very top ones have over 3ghz.

So “if you have a normal laptop don’t bother buying this product unless you want your flight to be like a fairground ride”?

I must admit I didn’t read the specs – so legally you are correct BUT nowhere have you said until now “due to FBW it will not work if you have less than the minimum recommended spec”.

I don’t mean to be harsh – it’s a great product and one day I may have a PC which I can fly it on! For now, back to Boeings!

• Aerosoft

Thanks Mathijs

Overclock.net says "Overclocking on a laptop is a very bad idea. Laptops are not designed with the best cooling methods and overclocking the processor adds extra heat to the system that it is not designed to dispose of. I say do not overclock it."

I have reviewed the available notebook computers and only the very top ones have over 3ghz.

So “if you have a normal laptop don’t bother buying this product unless you want your flight to be like a fairground ride”?

I must admit I didn’t read the specs – so legally you are correct BUT nowhere have you said until now “due to FBW it will not work if you have less than the minimum recommended spec”.

I don’t mean to be harsh – it’s a great product and one day I may have a PC which I can fly it on! For now, back to Boeings!

I would indeed not overclock a laptop. I do not think that changing the system requirements as you suggest is a good idea, we would need to add exhaustive explanation with every line. For example tell people that if they do not have a mouse wheel certain functions can not be set and that if your FSX is not updates you could have graphics abnormalities. It would lead to a loooong text that's not clear. Right now it states what you need and I think that all companies do it the same way.

That's in the name, sort of. Else they'd be called "recommended", not "minimum".

Besides, it does work, albeit with a bad framerate.

So why is Just Flight website advertising as 2.0 ghz??? How many other laptop users will be disappointed?

Dean

Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required) or Prepar3D

2.0GHz or any Dual Core

2.0GB RAM

512MB graphics card

Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP (32-bit or 64-bit)

1.8GB hard drive space

• Aerosoft

So why is Just Flight website advertising as 2.0 ghz??? How many other laptop users will be disappointed?

Dean

Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required) or Prepar3D

2.0GHz or any Dual Core

2.0GB RAM

512MB graphics card

Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP (32-bit or 64-bit)

1.8GB hard drive space

I suggest you ask them, not sure why you ask us. Could be a simple error there. we most certainly do not promise it to work with that hardware.

Dean

I am running the airbus x extended on a AMD Athalon II P340 Dual Core Processor 2.20 Ghz laptop and the first few times I flew the airbus extended I had the same problem with rocking and shaking. Yes My FPS were all ranging from 4 to 10 and hardly creeping above that and I understand that low frame rates will effect the handling of the fly by wire.

However, I am now in a position where I no longer have the shaking problems and my flights are very smooth with only the occasional mild bump due to turbulence.

I noticed that this issue came back for me when Extended updated to version 1.03 however as soon as I used Hotfix 3 the shaking had gone. So make sure you have hotfix 3 applied.

I even had a post setup regarding my original problem with the shaking and at the end of it I put in some suggestions of how I resolved the issue. Feel free to check the post in case it helps you....but no recommendations. You have a 2.13 Ghz system and depending on your hardware it will work or it will not.

To make my flightsim more frame rate friendly, I also made the choice since that post ended to reinstall Prepar3d and only install the Airbus , Ultimate Traffic 2, OpusFsx and pro-atc/x. I did not install scenery such as Orbx and decided to keep things simple. My settings are mid range in the scenery but it took a while to get the settings correct.... i believe this is different for each machine. As a result I am getting a great experience with the airbus , great weather by opusfsx and airports full of air traffic and could not be happier.

Also try not loading any weather software at first and try flying with calm conditions. Start from basic and get the shaking under control and once you have that situation then try adding in weather where you have wind shear and other weather to deal with.

As I said..... no guarantees that my suggestions will work but I was in your position and thought I would need to do a hardware upgrade...... but thankfully I managed to work around that.

first thing I suggest......get that Hotfix3 installed and see if it helps. 2.13 Ghz may be too low....but maybe you can just get over it if you persist and look for a solution .

Check my post here

http://forum.aerosof...g-side-to-side/

Roy

Archived