Just a picture

Joshua Che.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Example RNAV approach into LOWI. This is the reason why I say it is not completely accurate, the VDEV alt is a bit low, but for rudimentary guidance till visual this is more than enough.

post-27228-0-70497600-1361962776_thumb.p

post-27228-0-76974400-1361962814_thumb.p

Awesome Josh...!

Keep up!

Waiting for the release more soon as possible :)

Slat 1 in approach??????

That is completely normal.

Hi & sorry what is the meaning of FPA -3.3 while V/S is about -800 ??

FPA is Flight Path Angle. It is self explanatory.

Hi & sorry what is the meaning of FPA -3.3 while V/S is about -800 ??

FPA -3,3 is a flight path angle just slightly steeper than the standard rate of a glide slope (3%). In the picture it's 3,3% instead of 3,0%.

At about 150 kts the standard V/S that keeps you on the glide slope/glide path would be close to 750-800 feet per minute. So the 800 fpm combine pretty well with the slightly steeper FPA.

this is uncompletely normal for AXE!!!!!!!!!!!axe has a bug for flapping while approach(which goes on F1 instead of slat 1)

There is no slats out/flaps in on approach. Pilots have to set 'Config 1' manually, so the slats WILL extend. That's why, on approach it's slats out with a minimum of flaps 1.

Slats (still) out with flaps (already) in belongs to the acceleration phase after T/O.

I have to EDIT my post above: Config 1 is possible just as Config 1+F. So there can be a slats extended only situation on approach, depending on speed when the flap handle is moved out of the neutral position.

Hi,

I realy look forward to this update!!! Could you tell me shortly what has to be done till release?

Thank you for you hard work!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Pretty much the usual- further testing, tweaking, last additions. A list of what is planned to come is here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64824-update-plansbugsnew-features/#entry460402

Do note though that as stated by Joshua there, dates will not be given. Everyone wants this big update nice and ironed out as best as possible, devs, testers, and users alike.

That's amazing, thank you very much for that!

Any chance to tell us what else is left to be done for VNAV? Thanks :)

Not much, whats stopping me from releasing the update is LNAV, not VNAV.

I got the message, Patrick: Stop asking for release dates; it's worth while waiting for it until it's ready ...

Yes, what you said plus, while waiting, a video will make the waiting more bearable.

That looks briliat!

One question.. do you think that someday will be basic commands controlable via keyboard? for example landing lights or Autothrothle

Archived