Airbus Extended Rocking side to side

rjord

I have gone through the tutorial and flown a number of flights and landed successfully.......but do have one issue I have not worked out yet. Most likely pilot error on my part.

When climbing to cruise level, the airbus at times will for a few seconds rock side to side....... sometimes it gets so bad that the aircraft deviates left or right off course.

This happens a lot when the airbus is on course which then changes heading. when the airbus begins a slight turn...... the rocking begins.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Have gone through the manual front to back...back to front in case i missed any thing.......do not touch my joystick during flight .

Not sur what else I can do.

I have even turned off the weather programs.

Roy

Am doing some tests and it seems to be happening when I have the autopilot on.....and only slightly like light turbulence when autopilot off.

After flying for 10 minutes with no rocking.... I turned on the autopilot and the airbus began banking to the left to get on the flight plan and then began rocking severely.

Strange,

Did you increase the simulation speed? I am experiencing the same when I am trying to fly with time factor 4x

It is mentioned before time acceleration will NOT be supported. Please do not hijack the thread further. Let the OP reply.

Hi thanks for the replies......

no... I run at normal speed...have never used accelerated time as my flights are normally only 1 or 2 hours long.

At times I get overspeed issues..... wondering if I am doing something wrong here which then causes the rocking.

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you turned it off and started FSX, were there any weather settings left? Or what do you see on the free flight menu? Clear skies, user defined....

i didnt restart prepar3d.... turned off opus...... still had some rocking...... loaded weather in p3d as clear skies........ still rocked.

Do you think this is weather related......... it is almost like major turbulence.

My frame rates are anything from 2.5 to 10.2......... always have been with this machine.

But i think I have a solution......still testing.

I configured opusfsx for wind smoothing but no effect and still rocking before i even got to high altitude.

Used wind smoothing in fsuipc....... no effect and still rocking.

On impulse I then went to settings and increased the screen resolution to 1366 x 768 instead of 1024 I had it on.

I also changed the FPS in Prepar3d from 30 to unlimited

Now I do not seem to be rocking.......but still too early to tell if this is fixed.

Will report back.

Roy

Yes, having low frames will interrupt the FBW, so that may be the cause. You'll want at the least 15-20 steady. Let us know how it goes Roy.

It is a lot more stable so far............ however it will go crazy again if I switch to a 3rd party screen outside prepar3d such as a flight planner and then go back to prepar3d.

when prepar3d gains focus again, the airbus rocks for a few seconds and then stabilises.

So possibly the solution for when low FPS effects the FBW:( aprt from somehow increasing fps)

- increase FPS to unlimited in FSX or Prepar3d

- make sure screen resolution set to actual screen specs

- I also set filtering to trilinear

- try and keep screen focus on flightsim and don't switch to screens outside flight sim

If the above is all it takes, i can live with that.

interesting I do not have issues when using the view bar to look at wings, engines, etc so as long as the flightsim has focus, no matter what view, there is no rocking.

Will update how i go

Roy

Archived