Paintkit ready

• Aerosoft

The paintkit is now(*) available in the support section of our server: http://support.aerosoft.com/support.php

We are changing some servers now but somewhere in the next two weeks it will also be added to the order history pages.

* actually it is still uploading, give it half an hour more.

Hey Mathijs,

still not complete. It contains all the files, but still only for the A320 NEO (CFM) variant.

Still misses files for A320 IAE and A321. In fact, these 12 files:

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_AFTSEC_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_INTERIOR_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_INTERIOR_L.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_MIDSEC_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_NOSESEC_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_STABIS_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_STABIS_L.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_TAILSEC_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_TURBINE_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_WANNE_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_WINGOUTER_C.psd

AIRBUS_EX320NEO_WINGOUTER_RIGHT_C.psd

are all sharklet 320 specific. But they are otherwise almost identical with A320 CFM variant, there is simply blank space in original textures where sharklet would be. Just renaming needed.

However, it misses these files for A320 IAE:

AIRBUS_EX320_TURBINE_IAE_C (the IAE engine texture, IAE engine has different nacelle - ergo the CFM texture is unusable)

AIRBUS_EX320_TURBINMETAL_IAE_C (this can be omitted)

and then also it misses these files for A321 variants (other files can be used with just renaming)

AIRBUS_EX_AFTSEC_C

AIRBUS_EX_MIDSEC_C

AIRBUS_EX_NOSESEC_C

AIRBUS_EX_TAILSEC_C

and compared to original paintkit embedded in 1.00 installation (and missing from 1.02 as I understand) it lacks VC paintkit...

Note that these files (save the VC textures) are all identical with the files for Airbus X non-extended. Someone please upload the non-extended paintkit, that would be the easiest solution.

Hi, just downloaded the paintkit and started making my first repaint, just a very small thing I noticed: The zip file is named PAINKITS_AIRBUS_EXTENDED.zip. Add a T and it will look nicer :)

Hello.

Purchased the product with Airbus X Extended - "VA Edition". Install Ok.

Download paintkit via support database :

"First, please select the version of the product (Online or CD/Box)."

Airbus X Extended - VA Edition

is not in the listbox.

Not possible to register the product,

not possible to download the paintkit.

Thank you for making the necessary ...

Christian.

hello guys, is there any repaint turorial for teh Airbus x extended? i am really interested in doing some mexican and u.s. liveries for this plane, but i am completely new at this repaint thing, any link to a tutorial is appreciated

P.S. i tried the search feature, but no results came up it was just blank.

As i already painted the A320/A321 Fleet for my VA, I really must say working with your Paintkit is a pain in the... (you know)... ;) Finally I had to swing over to use Holgis untiltled liveries as each background (I gave credit for that!).

Your over 500mb (!!!) large paintkit file is imho just a collection of used psd - files. And besides that I found a lot of bugs and issues in the paintkit that made me more work to pass them than painting my liveries like:

- The Wingouter file has a red bottom that cannot be disabled by any layer (the layer WING LOWER SURFACE deactivates it but also a lot of other surface parts)

- The A321 aftersec-file, ther is no way I can handle it with any layer setting in order to get a proper background ( I am not using PS so this might be a reason)

- Why naming all files differently? If they are compatible to ALL versions, use the same name, if they are really special, give them the specific name

- I think at least 200mb of this paintkit are files I don't need anyway because they remain unpainted. At least it is enough to put them one time in the file in case there is someone who wants to paint over bare metal parts... ;)

To sum it up, PS seems not to be recommended, it is a must when you want to work with your kit. I know, Mathjis said there is other software that can handle layers, but obviously not in the same way as photoshop.

I really recommend you to reorganize your psd file(s) and give it a better structure. And secondly I would appreciate if you just would offer a standard background for non - photoshop users (remark: come on, normally each painter uses the same background once he has found his mix ;)). I just uploaded you a Screenshot of the systematic i use it right now (as said as a non ps User)...

Regards,

Max

P.S.: Oh, by throwing shit around me I totally forgot to mention the good aspects I really love when painting an AXE:

- I love your 4 section structure. By (in general) dividing the Nosesection in an nose- and midsection i was able to paint the VA name in one file without the anoying cutwork!

- thank good there are no flipping and turning procedures (unlike the ngx) necessary

- Until now I had no problems with the alpha files

- The file size in consideration to the quality is outstanding! ;)

post-15243-0-77258200-1357375902_thumb.p

Hello.

Purchased the product with Airbus X Extended - "VA Edition". Install Ok.

Download paintkit via support database :

"First, please select the version of the product (Online or CD/Box)."

Airbus X Extended - VA Edition

is not in the listbox.

Not possible to register the product,

not possible to download the paintkit.

Thank you for making the necessary ...

Christian.

I also have the same problem. I purchased Airbus X Extended - "VA Edition" and I can't register this product in support-database, beacuse it is not on the list of products.

Beacuse of that I can't download paintkit Airbus X Extended.

Please help me solve the problem so that I could use support-database.

Best regards,

Piotr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi...

All is in 3 or 4 parts... We can't paint all the aircraft and after cut in 3 parts?

I don't understand everything! Why there isn't just one aircraft in white...?

:mecry_s:

I am sorry Pecheur5500 but this is really the only way this can be done correctly. Indeed repainting aircraft is not easy these days.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

First copy the texture ( NOSE , MID , AFT or TAIL section ) of a repaint ( a repaint with striping for best results ) into the same section of the pain(t)kit placing it under the UNWRAP layer , changing the property of the UNWRAP layer so that you can see the texture underneath then use <MERGE all > (flatten) and having done this use Save as ... giving this NEW layer another name than the section of the paintkit you are working on , as a PSD or PSP layer .

When you have done this for all four sections , create a NEW template that is 4096 X 1024 pixels in size and copy and paste the four new layers you have just created into this one . By overlapping these layers and aligning the striping , you then have a full fuselage template to work on .

This text was copied from an earlier post on a simlar topic . It's not rocket science and probably would take less time than it took me to write this .As for refering to " other " paintkits , not all developers release a " full fuselage " paintkit , if they release a paintkit at all . Try painting the Cessna 337 from Carenado and that is not even a layered paintkit .

John

The paintkit is now(*) available in the support section of our server: http://support.aeros...com/support.php

We are changing some servers now but somewhere in the next two weeks it will also be added to the order history pages.

* actually it is still uploading, give it half an hour more.

Where is the NEO paint kit? It's not with the paint kit you find in the support section.

There is no file named PAINTKIT_AIRBUSEXTENDED_A320CFM_SHARKLET.7z in the paint kit I downloaded from the support section.

In this huge zip file, the first file should be for the NEO...

Archived