Thrust goes TOGA after touchdown

metodp

This got me puzzled- happened on two flights I've made so far.

Thottles/thurst moved and performed as expected on taxi, TO, CRZ, descent. The funny thing happened upon touchdown (A/t on, AP off). After closing the throttles and flaring, upon touchdown, the thrust went up to 85 N1( without any command from my part). I was unable to activate reverse. This triggered a go around, which was flown manually- A/t off as well as A/P off. The second landing was unventful apart from reverse not applying ( it activated but went straight back to idle after F2 was released).

I use Saitek x52 controls.

I set the sensistivities as required in FSX. The Asinput.ini looks like it should. I have not tried the FSUIPC tweaks as this looks like it has nothing to

I could just fly manually- the FBW works like a charm...the automatics leave something to be desired- especially veritcal modes... but then CAT2 and CAT3 come out of question...and the thing just seems very odd.

Help would be appreciated.

The funny thing happened upon touchdown (A/t on, AP off).

Hi there,

I tried to replicate your issue by first performing an approach and landing as normal, returning the throttles to idle as i touched down, and everything went smoothly.

Then I tried landing with the conditions you did, A/P off but A/T engaged, and as expected, the aircraft continued to accelerate.- replicating your issue.

When you retard the throttles, the A/T is disengaged, and upon touchdown, you must select reverse thrust manually. It would make sense that you were unable to select rev thrust if your A/T was on at touchdown though. Please ensure you have your throttles selected correctly!

Can you confirm that you landed with A/T off?

The other scenario would be that you approached too slowly, and stall protection kicked in as you touched down, putting the engines into TOGA mode.

Can you confirm that you landed with A/T off?

The first approach I can't be sure, but after intiating a go around manually deselected AT and landed normally. I am 110% sure I was not too slow on approach so it has nothing to do with protections. On both approaches I set throttles to idle on flare so I guess it didn't deselect AT upon retarding the levers on first approach and on the second the AT was already off.

Throttles are at 0 detent and moving accordingly. I know this says nothing if the computer thinks it's not totally in idle it will show the thorttles there but actually not be.

I will make another flight and see if the AT goes off at retard retard cue ( or thereabouts upon flaring).

Please clarify the issue- throttles properly selected?

Please clarify the issue- throttles properly selected?

Hi,

Sorry, that statement was a bit ambiguous, I meant to ensure the throttle axis was correctly configured and calibrated, so when the hardware was set to idle, the airbus throttle was also idle, instead of it being slightly inaccurate and being kept slightly above idle- which would have prevented the A/T from disconnecting.

Hi,

took some time as was not able to fly yesterday. I set the throttle idle in FSUIPC and it now disconnects properly upon retarding of the levers. Reverse also applies.

Seems like the issue is solved :)

Rgds,

Metod

today i made a ILS approach on ILS RNWY 21R @ GCLP. i had the same problem. landed with both AP's + A/T on. the preflare was ok, but as i wanted to reduce the throttle to idle with my saitek x52 the engines had 85% power, i had to disengage the A/T manually to reduce it to idle ... crash landing after 3.30 h flight, not very nice

it's not the first thime, this happened .... maybe my procedure was not ok (my flight was with checklist, and the checklist was completed)

by the way: i have no fsuipc

i still have this issue ... my throttles are on idle. but a/t goes not off ... can you give me a hand?

Hi Simon,

Are you hearing the "click" of the throttles reaching the idle detent? Have you re-calibrated your throttles recently? If you can provide a screenshot that'd be great.

you are right, see the pictures, the throttle goes not on idle, when my joystix (saitek x52) is on idle status

but this must be a failure of the airbus as it is going well on pmdg 737 ngx and the calibration is also ok, i have rechecked it ... also the latest driver is installed. also when i press f2 and f3 to do it manually the throttle does not move upwards to clb, flx, toga or either downwards to idle, but it goes to reverse ....

what should i do to fix that problem? i have reinsalled the file of joshua (asinput searcher - 1 throttle calibration) but it does not work

post-71429-0-60029700-1357325328_thumb.p

I can see you are using FSUIPC as i just made a small test by assigning 1 axis only and i got the same result that im not able to get it to idle but the main issue is that the axis is both forward thrust and reverse in the same axis and then it explanig it self.. the wired thing is just how is that posible as if i whit same settings take the default airbus by microsoft its only forward throttle as it should be as thats how FSX normaly do.. but please post in the FSUIPC part as it´s a setup problem i guess

?? dont you run FSUIPC if not this is wired as far as i remember pete behind FSUIPC say that FSX is not able to use reverse as axis as FSX does not support it directly and is why there is no axis assigne ment for it.. in other words if i set it up the default way throu FSX i dont have reverse axis only forward.. how ever throu FSUIPC that is posible as FSX can handel it as it was used in privius version as far as i remeber he said and as you know fsx is often backward compatible and is why you se FS9 codes working in FSX often whit nav frq thats use for an animated door or such not posible to program whit FSX codes or in other words no one so far found a way..

as you can see i have no fsuipc, i mean it's not registered ...

which steps you did for the sulution without fsuipc? maybe i made not all steps correctly ...

post-71429-0-00167600-1357384338_thumb.p

here you go.. first open the AsInput.ini file and open wht notepad.. location

For those with only one throttle lever assigned:

Goto

(Win 7):

C:\Users\User_name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended\

NOTE !! that the exact name can depend on You OS language, for German i will be:

C:\Users\User_name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Dateien\AerosoftAirbusExtended\

If no folder named \AirbusExtended\ can be found in You local language folder, then copy that folder from the english folder into the local.

(Win XP):

C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended\

when found and opend...

remove the text and replace it whit this:

[Common]

Logging=0

NullZone=0

[FlightControls]

Enable=1

[FADEC]

AxesCount=1

InvertAxis=1

Event1=AXIS_THROTTLE_SET

//AxesCount=2

//InvertAxis=1

//Event1=AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET

//Event2=AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET

then save it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

go to fsx folder and under modules remove the file FSUIPC4 or if you se the full name FSUIPC4.ini to a safe place ( i want you to do this so you are sure eaven you dont get the registered version it would inter fear for now)

then start fsx and assigne as shown on the pictures and when its how it looks in your sim start it and it should work ( whit out reverse axis) but remember to asigne throttle before you can se the axis under sensitivity and null zone..

best regards LN

post-32482-0-55141500-1357385539_thumb.j

post-32482-0-59352200-1357385572_thumb.j

well i can report that Simon got it working now as i got the info at PM..

Thanks for your help and thanks for letting us know he's good to go.

Archived