IRS Alignment problem

Jean Marc

Hello and a Merry Xmas to all,

I encounter a recurent problem, when trying to start a new flight, starting Cold and Dark any airbus, on ground parking brakes on, APU and Bat on, IRS to align position, on ND it never comes alive, in FCU IRS ALIGN Check , and Flight plan complete,check list Preflight complete, so how to avoid such problem ?

Any help and infos most welcome,

Cheers,

Jean Marc

Hello

From Cold and Dark, BAT on , Ground Power in use, after Electrical is checked, ADIRS from OFF position to NAV three of them; go to FMC Enter Position Dep/Arv, then Aling IRS as requested and checked, then I pursue checklist PRE FLIGHT, then Enter my Flight Plan , but on ND all stays red colors telling me GPS Signal lost...

Hello

From Cold and Dark, BAT on , Ground Power in use, after Electrical is checked, ADIRS from OFF position to NAV three of them; go to FMC Enter Position Dep/Arv, then Aling IRS as requested and checked, then I pursue checklist PRE FLIGHT, then Enter my Flight Plan , but on ND all stays red colors telling me GPS Signal lost...

IRS takes 6 minutes to align... what does it say on upper ECAM (it should say IR IN ALIGN # MN)

Archived