Start Engine 2

Nukky69

My prob is, when I start in C&D and the checklist comes to the point "start" ,

engine 2 not possible to start. Need to use STRG+E.

Then both engines run, but the PNF still waits on engine 2 start.

The checklist ever says "Start Engine 2".

Any ideas ??

Hi Chris

I've found this:

Engine Start: After setting the Engine Mode Selector to IGN START you can check on the EWD that the FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) have turned on because the amber information is replaced by active displays

I then move the engine 2 master switch, i think its called. The one on the pedestal. On the Overhead, it will not allow me to press the engine start switch.

Hi Chris

I've found this:

Engine Start: After setting the Engine Mode Selector to IGN START you can check on the EWD that the FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) have turned on because the amber information is replaced by active displays

I then move the engine 2 master switch, i think its called. The one on the pedestal. On the Overhead, it will not allow me to press the engine start switch.

You are doing it correctly. You don't have to touch anything on the overhead panel.

Have you checked that the FO has turned on the APU and the APU Bleed?

Also, have you got fuel in your wing tanks?

I'm just trying to follow the tutorial, that's as far as I have got :-(

Ok. If you are following the Tutorial flight then you will have used the Fuel Planner to set up your fuel, so that should be ok.

once your apu is running, ensure the apu bleed button is on, on the overhead panel, then move the switch on the pedastal to ign start,, and turn on the engine master switch for the engine you want to start, after a few seconds the engine should start, once the fist engine is running, just turn on the engine master switch for the second engine, and that should also start after a few seconds.

hope that helps

From Cold & DarK:

-Both BATT buttons - On

-APU Master - On

-APU Start - On

-APU Bleed - ON

-IGN mode to START

-Eng 2 Master switch - On

After succesfull engine 2 start:

-ENG 1 Master switch - On

Finn

Hi,

I had the same thing going on, noticed that I had the copilot-function on and that the copilot´s actions were ahead of schedule, he (or she) switched off the apu after I started engine #1, so the apu didn´t supply bleed air anymore. so in my case the airbus extended got confused by the copilot functionality and or running checklists:o)

cheers,

Arne

I solved the prob now.

Two things to do:

1. Switch X-Bleed switch to Auto, coz. there is no pressure on the right engine otherwise.

( With the checklist procedure the PNF not switch it to Auto possition !)

2. Before I start the engines I move the throttles "forward and back" one time.

Strange, but it works.

Finn: I tried in the evening another flight, this time with A320, loaded the Trike before. This time it worked. Will let you know if happens again.

Archived