Q for X52 pro users

Jarkko

Hello,

I purchased AXE yesterday, but have yet to install it. I have a couple of question for you x52 pro users out there.

First I would like start of by telling how I use x52:

I use FCUIPC to calibrate and handle my throttle axis. This means that I haven't mapped my throttle axis in FSX.

This has allowed me to do the following: when I pull the throttle past the idle thrust detent, FCUIPC sends reverse thrust command to FSX. No button presses required.

Have I understood the prior forum posts if I say the following:

1) I have to create an aircraft specific profile for AXE, where I send throttle inputs directly to FSX?

2) Every time I fly with AXE, I have to go to the FSX menu and map throttle axis?

3) After flying with AXE, I have to the remove throttle axis mapping from FSX so that FSUIPC and FSX mapping do not conflict?

4) I can't use the throttle to command reverse thrust. I have to use a button for this?

It would be great if x52 users could post screen shots of their FSUIPC and FSX axis assignments.

Thank you for the help and happy flying!

Regards,

Jarkko

Just to report back, I have my throttle working (reverse thrust and all)!

First I followed the single throttle axis part of this post (make sure you have //InvertAxes=1 under FADEC in the .ini file):

http://forum.aerosof...or-fixing-them/

This got my throttle working!

After I had working throttle, I then modified my FSUIPC parameters to allow for reverse thrust using throttle axis.

Here are the pictures I promised:

post-71988-0-46721000-1355864867_thumb.j

Note that my throttle axis hasn't been assigned in FSX.

post-71988-0-03973000-1355864948_thumb.j

I have mapped my throttle axis in FSUIPC for calibration. This has allowed my to add a range specific command.

When I pull my throttle all the way back, reverse thrust is engaged. When I move the throttle past the idle detent, FSUIPC send a cut throttle command.

post-71988-0-81529000-1355865111_thumb.j

Last but not least. Here's the calibration part of my throttle assignment. I made sure that I calibrated so that only the part between idle and afterburner detents gets seen as normal throttle range.

Hope this helps :)

(If this post is confusing, please understand, it's been a long day and got an early morning tomorrow)

Archived